Chapter Twenty Three - Kidnapped

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE - KIDNAPPED

Erick’s POV

    Anxious to know if Melanie was going to keep her promise to me, the first thing I did when I finished preparing the gardens, was search for her.

    Finding the room empty, I searched for her everywhere.  Literally everywhere.  Library, kitchen, study, bathrooms.   Panicking when not even Armand knew where she was.

    Thinking back on the day, I decided to check on the last place I had seen her.  Timothy, Armand and me heading out to the garden.  Maybe she had fallen asleep under a tree or something.

    Reaching the swing, I found a torn piece of her shirt.  Signaling the guys, we instantly separated.  Searching each for any sign of her.   

    “Erick! Armand!” Timothy yelled moments  later, just from behind a group of trees.

    Running as fast as I could, I was beside him in no time.  The scene before me taking me completely by surprise.  Janine laid on the ground, covered in blood.  Pieces of her flesh torn out.

    Tears running down Timothy’s eyes as he pulled her to cradle her in his arms.  No one knew, but Janine and Timothy had been dating for a while.  It couldn’t be easy to see the love of your life laying dead in a puddle of blood.

    Paralyzed to think I could find my mate in this same condition I turned to face Armand in fear. 

    Ignoring me, Armand kneeled beside Timothy, quickly taking Janine’s hand and searching for a pulse.

    “She has a pulse.  Very weak, but its there.” Armand said to Timothy.  “We have to take her to a hospital.”

    “She wont make it.” Timothy said, not taking his eyes away from Janine.

    “We have to try.” Armand said, grabbing Timothy to make him look at him.  “We have to do something.  We can’t just leave her like this.”

    “Turn her.” Timothy said to Armand.

    “I can’t.  I already turned one.  If I do I’ll be judged.”

    “Then you turn her!” Timothy ordered, turning to face me.  “And you can’t say no.  You have permission to turn 25.”

    “25 the council approved of.  I can‘t just….”

    “Let her take my place.” Timothy pleaded.  “I can’t live without her.”  he added sincerely.

    Knowing the consequences before hand, didn’t prevent me from doing what Timothy asked.  

    Kneeling beside him, I pulled my wrist to my mouth, biting into it.

     “Think about this.” Armand advised.

    “You would do the same for me.” I told Armand.

    Instantly, the blood came rushing out.  Ignoring Armand’s plead I moved my hand over Janine’s mouth.     

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Melanie’s

    With my hands and legs chained firmly to the wall behind me, I cried to feel yet another man biting into my arm.  This had been going on for hours.  The torture to have them play with my wounds.  The pain to have my skin cut.

    “Please stop.” I whimpered, closing my eyes against the pain.

    “Why?  I’m finding an immense pleasure in seeing you suffer.”  the woman said, coming to stand in my line of view, as another man took a bite of my leg.

    “Just kill me.” I pleaded, facing her.

    “Little girl.  Don’t mess this for me.” she added, pushing both of the men away.  Ordering them to leave with her hand.

    “What do you want?” I asked, swaying a bit.

    “Feel a bit light headed, do you?” she asked mockingly.  “That’s because you’re low on blood.” she added, caressing my cheek.  “I wonder why Erick hasn’t turned you yet.”

    Resting my head against the wall, fighting against my nausea, I knew there was no way I was getting out of this alive. 

    “Is he giving you the choice?  He didn’t give me one.” she said, sinking her teeth into me.

    My eyes drifting close the moment she did.  Darkness calling my name.