To Our Luna - Part 17

Six Months Later...

May - Red Gulf Pack

Rocky Mountain Center

*Marcus POV*

Since the conference my social life has slowed down to a crawl. When I got back home Becky called me every hour for two days straight. I finally called her for us to meet. I knew she thought I was caving but I gave her a huge reality check when I told her we were really over. Of course in Becky style she bitched, cried and screamed until she realized that I wasn't changing my mind. It took twelve weeks and four holidays for her to realize I was serious. She's at the point now where I think she's stalking me. Whenever I go into town I see her following me around. If I didn't know any better I'd think she planted a bug in my car.

Amina and I are closer than I thought we would be. It's so comfortable talking to her I catch myself saying everything that comes to mind. I talk to her three or four times a week and she confides in me about everything. I think I know stuff even her boyfriend doesn't know.

Like how she chats online with Ryan a few times a week and that he wants to take her to his Junior Prom. Of course I was against it and told her anything I could think of to change her mind. She told me not to worry, she was a big girl and his prom was still a year away. It wasn't a big deal until the three-month mark before then. I let it go because I knew if she decided to go she would tell me. I made sure I talked to Ryan once a month just because he was interested in Amina and I didn't want him to hurt her. I think he knows why I call but he's not smart enough to know why he should be worried about me. He thinks his only problem is her boyfriend Devin.

That dude is a major joke. The way Amina tells it, he follows her around like a lap dog just waiting to hump her leg. I can tell he thinks he's her fated mate but he's not strong enough to keep Amina's attention. She's been raised to be a Luna and no one is good enough for her but an Alpha. I've made it my personal business to watch her back.

I pulled up in front of Jesse's house honking the horn. We were on our way to the center to play some ball with the guys. While I waited for him my phone rang. I knew it was Amina before I picked up because Usher's song 'My Boo' was the ringtone set just for her.

"What's wrong?" I asked answering the phone. "I talked to you yesterday and you were fine."

"I was fine until dad told me he had a date tonight!" She hollered into the phone. "I was understanding when he said he was ready to get back in the dating field but I didn't think it would start this soon."

"Amina even though he's your dad he's still a man and the man has needs. Don't you think your dad has been alone long enough?" I asked try to get her to see his point of view. The Green Fields Pack hadn't had a Luna for four years.

"I don't give a rats ass if he wants to get laid!" She yelled as Jesse climbed into the car. I knew he could hear her going off so I signaled for him to keep quite until I was done. "I know I'm being selfish to my pack but they don't have to live with her. We met her at the last few parties he threw at the lodge. Marcus, she's so fucking fake I could use her face and make playdough."

"I think you're getting ahead of yourself. This is their first date right? What makes you think she's moving in?" I asked pulling off into traffic.

"I know my dad. For him to take time away from planning the Surfacing and pack business, he is very interested. He's not the kind of man that spends time with a female if it doesn't mean anything." She explained. I was half way to the courts so I needed to end this call before I got there. Most of the guys didn't know how close I was to Amina.