To Our Luna - Part 8

Five Years Later

December - Red Gulf Pack

Alpha Corbin Blaine's Home Office

*Marcus POV*

After I had my first shift it felt like my whole life changed. I got stronger and faster. Girls were all over me and the lupines in my pup period and younger thought I was a god. I was the biggest kid in my period and they always put me in as leader, I didn't blame them. I mean how many of them could say they had their first run with all the big hitters of the pack. I was famous! So a little of it got to my head, big deal. I was a Princes, everyone was suppose to look up to me.

I couldn't believe I was standing in the middle of his office...again. I didn't actually do anything wrong. Guys were just jealous of me and sometimes I had to show them I wasn't a punk. I wasn't gonna let anyone push me around just because they were older than me. I had intelligence, speed and strength. Going to public school with humans made that even worse and it didn't help that I was a sophomore dating the most popular senior in school. So we didn't look like a cult or something all lupines attended the local human schools to blend in. I didn't care either way I just wanted to have fun, but then again that's why I'm standing here. Having fun always seemed to get me in trouble.

"How bad was it?" My dad asked ending his call with the Alpha of the Green Fields Pack. They were still talking about surfacing in the human society.

I hated when he asked me how bad it was because that meant I had to tell him in the Defense version. The Defense Team were the protectors of our territory against rouge wolves making trouble, other packs moving in on our territory and humans out to have a hunting good time.

"Three bodies all survived, two broken noses, one sprained ankle, three black eyes and one broken arm." I confessed. I always hated saying it that way. It made everything sound so much worse...big babies.

My dad didn't say anything for a long time. It was his 'make you sweat trick' that always worked on me. I have got to learn that one. I couldn't take his silence any longer with him staring at me with a blank face.

"Dad, I swear I wouldn't let anyone else from the pack get involved. Those humans didn't even try to come at me one on one, they wanted to jump me. They said I was getting too big and they were going to chop me down to bits. I mean, I made sure that none of the other humans saw the fight." I told my dad out of breath.

"Marcel Marcus Blaine." He said my name like it was a curse. "I am going to have to take some extreme measures since you can't get your act together. This has nothing to do with your behavior in school and everything to do with your temper. If you don't try harder to control your temper it will keep you from the things you want most."

"I'll try harder dad." I mumbled barely listing. I had heard all of this before, everyone gave me everything I ever wanted no questions asked.

"Just to make certain, you will start dedicating your weekends to the Defense Team." he ordered.

"What!" I freaked. Those people were crazy, talk about corporal punishment.

"Whatever they ask you to do, you will do it. No complaining, no whining and no temper tantrums. You will learn self-control and discipline. Do you know why?" He continued ignoring me.

"I am Marcel Marcus Blaine, Prince of the Red Gulf Pack and future Alpha of whatever territory I choose." I droned with no enthusiasm. My dad had me repeat this mantra over and over since I could talk. I can't believe he's feeding me to the wolves every weekend. The Defense Team was worse than the human military. I knew better than to ask how long my sentence was with them, I wasn't even sure I wanted to know.