To Our Luna - Part 14

November - Green Fields Pack

Red Lily Wilderness Resort

*Amina POV*

Canada was beautiful! I'd seen snow before but never this much and blanketing everything. It had to be at least 3 feet in every direction. The air was marvelous, like drinking a cold glass of ice spring water. Once we pulled up to our cabins Delta Max made me wait in the car during their security check. It took twice as long and any other time and I was squirming to get outside.

"What are they doing Carlos, laying carpet?" I said sarcastically. "I want to play in the snow!" I still had some parts of me that liked doing kiddy stuff.

"Relaxe a Princesa, nao sera mais tempo."

(Relax Princess, it will not be much longer.) Carlos said chucking at my impatience.

"E o Carlos tao bonito. Voce jogara comingo?"

(It is so beautiful Carlos. Will you play with me?) I asked not sure of his answer.

"Amina." Carlos said turning around from the front seat. "You know you would never have to ask. I can feel your excitement humming in the air. Besides, it has been a very long time since I've played in the snow." He said glancing out the window. Noah stepped outside to signal us to come inside.

The cabins were really nice. If this was roughing it, I didn't understand what people complained about. A living room and dining area, kitchen, two bathrooms, and four bedrooms. I was mostly surprised by the kitchen, equipped with pots and pans, flatware, silverware and a dishwasher. They even had TV's in every room. After dad showed me to my room I rushed to unpacked. Running down the stairs I ran into Gabe.

"Hey fast and furious, where's the fire?" Gabe asked catching me by the shoulders.

"Carlos and I are going to play outside!" I shrieked barely holding onto my excitement.

"Really, well no one invited me." He said with a fake pout.

"Me too!" shouted Owen from the living room.

"We wanna play." Gabe said trying to smother his grin.

We had the best snowball fight in history. Me and Carlos against Gabe and Owen. We made snow angels, a fort and played hide and seek. Hide and seek was the best because they all shifted and I was it. For three extra large wolves the color of chocolate, coffee and rust. They were really hard to find in pure white snow. After hours had passed by dad called us in the cabin for dinner.

Alex was our honorary chef for the weekend, he was newest to the Enforcers but he could cook like nobody's business. They decided to have dinner in shifts since Max wasn't comfortable with us a couple thousand miles from Free Territory. After dinner dad and I had a meeting to prepare for the conference.

"Are you sure your ok about coming with me tomorrow?" Daddy asked me the third time today.

"Do you want me to stay?" I asked afraid of his answer. I wanted to be apart of this, apart of history. Even more I wanted this experience of a lifetime.

"Of course I want you to go. You don't know how happy you made me with that very serious speech you delivered a few weeks ago." Dad said grabbing my hand. "I just want to make sure you feel comfortable. There will be wolves from packs you're not familiar with. I never want you to feel out of a place." He said with all seriousness.

"Daddy I want to go. I want to make my place in the pack. What you and the Alpha's are doing here is momentous. I want to be here." I said trying to get him to understand I was more than a princess. I never felt like those girls you see on TV, who's parents are rich and they sit around all day buying crap and whining.