To Our Luna - Part 16

November - Red Gulf Pack

White Birch Hall

*Marcus POV*

I made sure word reached Amina to arrive a little early so I could speak to her privately. I started to think she wouldn't show and my actions yesterday might have messed things up for my dad with Alpha Amir. They had been diplomatic towards each other since I was little, rumor had it my dad approached Alpha Amir first, but no one would say for sure. With twenty minutes to spare before the meeting I turned around to enter the chamber room.

"Marcus, you wanted to speak with me?" Amina said walking up behind me. She almost sounded timid, but that couldn't be right, after the ass chewing she gave me yesterday, no way.

"Can I talk to you outside for a minute? We'll be back before the meeting starts. I just wanted some privacy." I said leading her to the small ice garden outside the closest exit.

For some reason my palms started to sweat and I was getting nervous. I looked at her out the corner of my eye wondering what happened to her. She seemed to be this shy little thing that was the complete opposite of the confident young lady I met yesterday. As we walked I noticed she wouldn't look at me and her fingers were doing this tango with each other. Not wanting to make her uncomfortable I resisted from sniffing the air to gauge her mood.

"The reason I wanted to talk to you was to say I apologize for judging your character. I acted like a major jackass yesterday and you didn't deserve that. I'd like us to be friends." While I was talking she was looking at me under the cover of her long eyelashes. I couldn't see enough of her face to tell if she believed me or not. "Look Amina, I'm not use to being the bad guy. I said I was sorry, can you say something." I continued wondering what she was thinking.

"It's fine, forget it." She said finally looking me in the eye. I was starting to think she hated me. "I get it that you're not use to me so I'll let you slide this time, but just so you know I don't forgive easily." She finished with a cheeky grin.

Happy to resolve the riff between us, I pulled Amina to her feet and gave her a hug. I don't know what in the hell made me do it, but I was glad I did. She fit into my body perfectly as I placed my chin on the top of her head rubbing circles on her back. I had to remember; she was just a kid and didn't belong to me, she wasn't mine to protect. I started to get this odd feeling in my spine I couldn't identify, when she wrapped her arms around my waist returning my hug. It felt so good, too good and that was all I needed to make myself let go.

"Lets get back so we're not late." I said into her ear releasing her. By accident I brushed my lips against the shell of her ear and I shuddered when she gasped. Ignoring both of our reactions I place my hand on her back as we walked back to the chamber room. Before we walked in I stopped and held the door closed looking at her. "Are you sure we're ok? You seem different from yesterday." I said holding her with my free hand as I felt her shiver at my touch.

"Marcus it's cool. I'm glad you apologized and I'd really like it for us to be friends. Now, come on or we're going to be late." She said shoving me aside. I felt better knowing she forgave me but I didn't know why.

As we walked in and took our seats my dad looked at me to get a clue how it went. I just gave a quick nod and took my seat glancing at Amina and her dad. I was actually kind of intimidated by Alpha Amir, I mean he was not only her Alpha but her father as well. I wasn't sure what she told him about me yesterday but it didn't matter because Amina seemed to be cool with me now. When I realized I was hugging her before I thought for sure she was gonna to knee me in the balls. Thankfully the meeting was starting and I had something else to concentrate on.