To Our Luna - Part 23

Next...

October - Green Fields Pack

Triple Star Lodge

*Amina POV*

            I was still reeling from my emotions that I didn't notice Devin was waiting for me.  Marcus left us alone to talk.  I didn't really want him to go and didn't think he wanted to go either but Devin was my best friend/boyfriend.

"Amina!  You shifted, and not only that you shifted back fast as hell too."  Devin said pulling me into a hug.  "We both know it's fucked up that the Alpha pulled that stunt on your birthday but it's still your special day.  Everyone is talking about you not even thinking about Sheila being Alt. Luna.  Not to mention my girl is sexy as hell with no clothes on."  He continued frowning at the shirt I had on.

"Thanks Devin, that means a lot to me."  I was so wrapped up about Sheila that I almost blocked out my shift.  Finally, after all these years of waiting all it took was a little temporary insanity.  "I'm so sorry about throwing you into the cake table."  Note to self:  I am shifter strong now.

"Well, I wouldn't say you threw me.  More like you knocked me off balance, basically I tripped and fell.  Anyway, look at you.  You just morphed from my cute girlfriend into my hot sexy girlfriend.  You're never getting rid of me now."  He said pulling me in for a kiss.  With the way I was feeling, I needed it.

Finally coming up for some air I decided it was time to face my dad and his new mate.  I was going to do everything in my power to be respectful to her for the good of the pack.  Walking back on stage Marcus grabbed my hand just before I reached my dad.

"Amina, where did you run off to?  This is a joyous occasion.  In one night my daughter shifts and we are blessed with a Luna once again.  I'm the proudest Alpha in the world!"  With a squeeze from both Devin and Marcus they let me go to greet the new Luna.  "I have called for a Howl tonight at midnight to celebrate all our blessings from the ancestors."  Dad said giving me a giant hug.

"I just needed some air after all the excitement."  I said pulling out of his embrace.  Still feeling betrayed I didn't want to be around either one of them long.  "I would like to officially greet and welcome the Green Fields Pack Alternate Luna."  That was the biggest piece of shit I have ever said in my life.  I knew they could smell the lie I just said; hell I could smell it.

"No need to be so official Amina.  We're family now.  You can call me Luna ...or Mom."  She said giving me look I would remember for the rest of my life.  'Got you now bitch!'  Fuck!  My life was gonna turn into an episode of survivor from here on out.

"Dad. Luna.  I'm gonna go mingle with the pack before the Howl."  I said getting out of there as fast as I could.  I was still pissed at my dad but sadly I wasn't surprised.  I knew this day would come.  I just didn't know I'd have to share it.

            Running off stage with Devin and Marcus at my back I was barely concentrating were I was going.  Suddenly I was wrapped in arms as Dior bounced up and down.

"Oh my god!  You my girl are one hot tamale'."  Dior said shaking me.  "Once that dress tore off that hot body of yours and you shifted every wolf in the place had his tongue one the floor.  And then you shifted back so fast plus they all got a pretty good look that rack.  Girlfriend it was over!"  She said laughing hysterically.  I wasn't sure if Dior was drinking alcohol or not.  "Now I can not in good standing as a Diva let you finish your party in this shirt.  Come with me and I'll get you in something stunning."