Chapter Three

When Dylan awoke again he was faced with a deep hunger. He got up and stretched forgetting where he was. Then he went to go look for food. As soon as he walked out of the cabin he came face to face with a night party on deck.

He guessed that they had found an island that was small and undetectable. He moved himself through the crowd till he saw that they were in fact docked. He got off the ship quickly and scampered away.

He didn't really care where he was to go considering Donovan would most likely come look for him soon. He walked on the beach till he found in the distance a campfire. Through his great detection he found that it was just natives to the land and they were all women. They were sure to feed him.

Dylan ran to them and and acted shyly. he kept his head bowed in respect and the women surrounded him.

"Food?" He asked shyly.

Within seconds he was rewarded with what he asked for. He shyly ate and drank the drink he was given. But his joy did not last long. Soon he began to get dizzy and a little queasy.

Slowly everything began to go black and Dylan began to freak out. He got up slowly and turned. The women just sat and watched. Most likely waiting for him to faint. But Dylan was stronger than that. After all, he was a possession. He had to be strong. He then began to walk away. As fast as he could.

Without a hint from his disorientation he began to fall even though he was only a couple yards to calling distance to get Donovans attention. But he didn't meet the ground. He felt strong arms catch him then he was picked up. without realizing it he gave a little moan as the arm wrapped around him.

"I was wondering where you went my possession. You shouldn't be off the ship. And what the hell is wrong with you?" A familiar voice said.

"mmmm. " was all Dyaln got out before he was shifted in his carrying position. Donovan was holding him bridal style.

"Bloody children!"

Then everything went black. Dylan thought it weird that he understood what was going on around him. Then he heard Donovan talk about him going on land and meeting the people of the island alone. Dylan swore if he could role his eyes he would have. He wasn't a child anymore. Well, not in the world of a possession. Considering most his age were already having children and were married.

Dylan then heard the other man talk and things got rough. He heard yells and whistles of encouragement. Then he got up eyes closed and touched the first man he came into contact with. Dylan heard the man yell and things got quite. A voice not his spoke from him:

You deny my child life, Donovan, that he desperately needs. Without this he shall die and you will be to blame. Whether this be your choice or not, it is certainly his undoing. If he dies, this world and yours will fall to ruin. Kingdoms will raze. And you will die beside him with my sons blade in your heart giving you his sins. But if you take heed of my warning Donovan, you will be the wealthiest if men in love and riches.

The voice said, fading away slowly at the end. Dylan opened his eyes and gave a quizzical look.

"Well, that was weird!" he stated nonchalantly.

"Who in the he'll is your mother?" Donovan said approaching Dylan and kneeling to be eye level.

"Her? Oh..... Hmmmm..... I think mommy is a goddess.... Yes, that's it! Mommy, is the goddess of love and war..... Daddy is the neck you should worry about. Being a pirate and all. " Dylan said not caring about the fact that he still called his parents mommy and daddy.

"And who is your father?" a pirate asked.

"The man you pray to for a safe passage out on sea." Dylan said yawning with a stretch.

Donovan stood and shook his head in bewilderment. Dylan reached up for Donovan for an unknown reason and Donovan picked him up.