Chapter Ten

As the members got off the ship and began rowing to the shore Dylan watched on in Happiness. It was a beautiful Island and it seemed that all their worries were gone. He knew that worries were always going to pop up. But he felt as if he needn't worry about getting caught by the navy or dieing without a bond. He smiled as Donovan helped his crew bring ashore all their loot that they had received through their adventures before capturing Dylan. There wasn't much that Dylan was capable of helping with so he just sat out of the way and watched all that was going around him. He yawned slightly still slightly tired. But he would deal. He was used to going days without sleep. He sighed softly.

As the final boat came back to the ship to pick Donovan and Dylan, Dylan noticed that the people of the island were coming out of their huts and began to bring all the members of Donovan's crew into hugs and loud laughs. It warmed Dylan's chest with the sight of all the love being spread. Donovan held Dylan close as they were rowed a shore. Many a men and women approached Donovan with affection and a couple of the women even kissed Donovan on the lips making Dylan step back and bite his lip in sadness and fear. Donovan noticed the way Dylan looked and approached his small lover .

"What is wrong?" Donovan asked.

"They kissed you." Dylan said not looking at Donovan. He knew that he was close to shifting and he really didn't want to. He was to stay calm. Then he and a couple other men and women looked to the skies as the wind began to pick up. And that was when Dylan changed.

Many a people stepped back out of fear including Donovan and that broke Dylan. He knew it. All Donovan saw him was a means of a bed warmer and now all he saw was a monster. Many of the other Possessions approached Dylan worried for the younger one. He was distressed and afraid. And as his feathers from his wings began to fall and deteriorate they also began to change. 

The eldest of their kind looked at the Pirate Captain. "What did you do to him? He is dieing!"

Donovan looked at Dylan in his change as he began deteriorate and looked on in sadness. "All I did was allow the girls a kiss."

"Stupid boy. You have lived with us all our lives. Watched as Possessions grew and changed and died. Isn't that how your sister died?" The elder yelled as he caught the dieing boy. 

"She died because her mate denied her bond! They had made love once and she denied my sister anymore. So she died!" Donovan said as he walked slowly to his small love.

"And you allowing another to kiss you is a silent rejection. Saying that he is not the only one for you. Why do you think We Possessions often drown ourselves way before we should die. Because we know the ways of humans. They way they always need more than one person. And you have killed the creators only child." The elder stated. 

Donovan fell to his knees at Dylan's side and held the boy close to him and shook his head "no". 

"I love him. I would not have done that to him. I would never do that to him. How can I change this?Please, I need him. Please." Donovan began to beg as he kissed Dylan over and over again. And with that Dylan slowly changed back and began to get better. The elder nodded to the others and they brought Donovan to his feet and placed the boy in his arms and then turned to the other, the humans and spoke as one. 

"We, beings of the creators, place in the rule that if this child is placed in harm such as this ever again then it will be punishable by death. This child is the birth child of our gods." And with that they shifted back and went to their respective mates and they had a child take Donovan and Dylan to a new hut created for Donovan when he would come back from his tenth pirate adventure. He laid Dylan on the bed and allowed the boy to heal and get better all the while staying by his side. Many a crew member came by and gave food and other things for Dylan when He awoke. 

It was a Few hours later when Dylan awoke to find a sleeping Donovan sitting beside the bed with tear stains on his cheeks. He gave a small smile and he felt bad for Donovan having to deal with that. He wished his possession side hadn't gone through such a devastating thing. He sighed and moved sightly and kissed Donovan on the cheek to wake him. 

When Donovan awoke he jumped up and crushed Dylan in a hug. Dylan laughed and hugged him back. Donovan apologized profusely until Dylan shut him up with a kiss to the mouth. Donovan explained what had happened and Dylan nodded. He understood what they meant and he had Donovan get into the bed next to him so they could sleep together for just a little longer.