Chapter One

He had long black hair that reached the back of his knees. He had pale tan skin and pointed ears. His left eye was mint green and sky blue. But his right eye was gold and silver. He was what people called a possession. A child born with the knowledge of the seas. He had the ability to tell the weather, the direction, and the ability to use a sword beautifully. But unlike many of his kind, he was known to have the ability to manipulate the waters of the seas and oceans.

This is his story.

     §§§

He sat on the navy ships railing paying attention to the weather checking for any change in the atmosphere. So far all was calm. As if they has hit a calm belt for a couple of hours. He knew that it wasn't going to last. The men would be awake by the time a wind would pick up. He could feel it. He then waited a couple of minutes just to be sure. Then he decided to go to his room and go to bed. he needed the sleep if he was to track down the notorious black Donovan, captain of the fiery Phoenix. After all if he didn't work, his life as a possession would be over fast. The commander of the navy ship would be sure to make his death slow and painful. So he went to his bed and instantly fell asleep.

He awoke to find that the men were still asleep and the kind picking up. He got up and walked around the deck and climbed the mast to the nest. He saw that the man that was to wake everyone was dead. he didn't know how. But he was dead. Then he felt a stir in the breeze and he looked down onto the deck. The commander was awake and he was being held knife point by a man.

The man was very tall compared to the commander. He had black hair and sharp blue eyes. He was incredibly handsome.

The possession watched as the two men fought. Then he decided to come down. He knew how to use a sword better than the whole navy crew. After all possessions had to protect themselves from kidnappers somehow. He hot to the deck without being noticed. He picked up his own sword named Lady of the water. He slowly approached the men and sneered.

"You're really bad at sword play commander. Why don't you let someone who knows what he is doing try this man out?" He said.

The commander looked at him.quickly and so did the other man.

"Well, then here you are Dylan. Your opponent is Black Donovan the pirate." the commander said.

Dylan, the possession, simply shrugged and got into stance. But the older man looked offended.

"I am not fighting a boy!"the one called Black Donovan exclaimed.

"I am not a boy! I am 16 years old. And I am a way better fighter than that man." Dylan said almost unable to not catch his angry tone.

"Well then, let's fight!" and with that Black Donovan started his fight with Dylan. But Dylan dodged the lingering making him twirl and show to the pirate that he was a possession.

As soon as Black Donovan noticed that Dylan was a possession he knew that he would do anything to get the feminine looking boy. The boy will be my possession. He shall be mine. The pirate thought.

Dylan watched the man's moves. He noticed that he was aiming for areas that wouldn't kill him. Then all of a sudden Black Donovan turned and stabbed the commander in the chest.

Dylan screamed out in shock and pain. He sort of felt what his commander felt. Then he noticed that the commander had a quick painless death. What had hurt him was the bond breaking.

"Now, possession. You belong to me, Black Donovan, and the ship Fiery Pheonix." Black Donovan said.

"O-Ok...." Dyaln said, he began to get blinded by his tears. "Do you even know how to get a possession to belong to you and a ship?"

"Yes. A Dylanian possession with no name, told me how 6 years ago. " The man stated matter of factly.

Dylan got wide eyed and looked at the man. The man looked into the boys eyes and dropped to his knees. "So it was you, that had no name 6 years ago?"

"Yes sir, it was I. But how do you know? I never saw you. We never looked at each other." Dylan said shocked.

Dyaln was shocked at the news as the man spoke. How was he to know that he talked to the biggest pirate in all the seas the day he became a navy possession.

He didn't know what to do. As he looked at the older man he was sure that his life aboard the ship was going to be hell. After all a possession needed to be bonded to a member of the ship within 3 hours of the death of another bond that was unbounded by death. It was going to be hell due to the fact that he didn't know anyone on the ship. He had bonded with the navy captain due to him living with the man for a year.

Dylan stood and looked at the man. He didn't like the man for he gave Dylan q funny feeling in his stomach. Like butterflies. He didn't like it. Black Donovan, in one solid, quick motion picked Dylan up like he was a carpet and headed to an awaiting ship next to the navy ship.

Dylan couldn't believe that he hadn't sensed the ship on the seas. It was uncanny and creepy about how it was just sitting there. He shivered and then went limp in Donovan's arms. Donovan said nothing of it and continued with what he was doing.

Dylan was in a state of shock. And he had gone limp from a torn bond in which he could no longer take.