Chapter 8

Feburary 10th 12:14 am

I wake up to someone screaming my name.

"Louis! Get up! Louis! Its Harry!" Its Diana. I open my eyes to the horror in front of me. Harry is on a stretcher, pale as night. Eyes close. Lips not moving. They're wheeling him out of the room. I run after them demanding what's going on. They say nothing, but instead wheel him into a emergency room. I look around for Diana, but she's disappeared. Everything is happening too fast. Too much to take in at one time. And I start to feel light headed. Everything around me starts spinning. Last thing I remember is my head hitting the floor, before darkness started to creep in.

I wake up hours later with the most horriblest headache ever. Someone has lifted me up and placed me on the chairs. One of the nurses I'm assuming. Everything seems like some terrible nightmare. Like some kind of sick joke.I close my eyes again, and try to fall back asleep. Most times my nightmares are like this, but if I try hard enough to sleep, they go away, and I end up waking up. But this time, its different. I'm still here. I look around and I'm still in the hospital. Maybe this isn't a joke. Everything starts to flood back into my mind.

"Harry!?Where's Harry!?" I start to scream. Everyone in the hospital is starring at me like im high off crack but I don't care! This is my Harry! "Harry!" I scream again. Starting to sit up. "HARRY!? WHERE IS MY HARRY!? I look like a five year old having a tanterm but I don't care! I want my Harry! I start running around the waiting room, screaming his name as loud as I possibly can. Eventually a nurse comes in to calm me down. She tells me that Harry is hooked up to a breathing unit. She says they'll keep me updated. But that its not looking good. A lump begins to form in my throat. A knot in my stomach. And a hole in my heart. They believe that the cancer has now officially reached his lungs.He is being held in attensive care. The words hit me like a ton of bricks. And here it comes. The reality I have been dreading for the past few months. Here comes the pain and there goes the happiness. Even though she didn't say it, I know Harry won't make it through the night. But I won't cry. I won't cry here.

Hours pass and there's no update on Harry. I don't know if thats a bad thing or good. The hospital is pretty quite now, as it seems like everyone else has left except for me. But I promised Harry and myself I wouldn't leave him. Not until the end.

***

Its 3 in the morning before they come back out to see me. But this time it's not a nurse. Its the same doctor who told Harry he had cancer the first time we came here. He takes a seat beside me, and bows his head for a moment before he starts talking.

"Louis..." He takes a pause and looks up at the ceiling of the hosptial almost like he's trying to hold back tears. I remember thinking a while ago how he can live with himself when he tells people bad news, but the truth is, I don't think he can. Because it seems like its paining him to say it to me, just as much as its paining me to hear it.

"Louis...Harry passed away at 10:29 pm last night...I'm so sorry. We tried to do everything we could, but it was just his time to go." The tone in his voice is calm but sad.

"No..that can't be. The nurses...they said-"

"They said he's hooked up to a breathing unit. And that was true. He was Louis. But it didn't keep him much longer. We didn't think it would. We knew how bad Harry was when he first came in. We all knew he didn't have much time."

"Then why didn't you tell me sooner!? No, you'd rather see me sit here like a idoit and wait for news for someone who's already dead!? What do you want from me!? Do you want to see me break down and lose it all!? Is that what your waiting for!? Some show!?"

"No Louis. Not at all. We waited, because I wanted to be the one to tell you. I was here from the start and I thought you'd rather hear it from me. I'd rather it that way. I thought maybe you would too. Harry was a amazing, charming, funny guy. And everyone in the hospital is going to miss him dearly. We have all grown attached to him Louis. He really was one in a millon. You should count yourself lucky."

"Why?" I can think of a million reasons why I'm unlucky. My boyfriend died. My mom died. I have no one left. I'm completly alone. Everything reminds me of Harry. I'm a emontial wreck. But I can't think of one reason why I'm lucky.

"You're lucky because you had him. You're lucky because he loved you. Harry could have chose anyone in the world. But he chose you Lou. And I'd feel damn well lucky if I were you." Its's true. Harry could have anybody in the world but instead he chose me. Some broken, helpless, depressed boy. In the end he had choosen me.

I try to hold back the tears but with no luck. They start to stream down my face. I think back to the first time I was waiting here with Harry. This exact spot too. I remember the women who had lost her son. I remember thinking what if thats me? What if I lose Harry too? I thought that for once god would let me keep him, but I guess not. I guess now I was turning into that lady too. Because just like her, I had lost my pride and joy. My reason for happiness. My reason to live. And just like that, I understood everything that lady felt.

"I loved him. And I knew I shouldn't of stayed. But I did it for him. This is my fault. This is all my fault. I should have never let him in. I should have just pushed him away when I had the chance. Before I knew how wonderful he really was. Before I feel in love with him. I could have saved myself from so much pain. But I didn't and its all my fault." I'm in full fledge sobs now. I can't even speak. I try to look at the doctor but my vesion is cloudy from the tears. He just holds me close.

"It's going to be ok Louis." He says. "Promise." The last part stings like a bitch.