Comfort

Three movies down and you were struggling to keep your eyes open.

Temari stared at the screen fiercely, shoveling popcorn into her mouth.

Nothing was going to distract her from this movie.

Except maybe Kankuro...

Kankuro lay sprawled over the entirety of the second couch hugging tightly up to Crow.

Every time he began to snore Temari would throw popcorn at him, never once removing her eyes from the screen.

You giggled.

Everyone had so many responsibilities these days that it was hard to find the time for this. It was nice to spend time with your friends like the old days.

You heard the door open as Gaara made his way home. He walked into the room looking completely exhausted.

"What are you doing home," Temari asked, still staring at the movie. Gaara usually stayed at his office most of the night, often not returning at all.

"I am taking the rest of the night off," he stated huskily as he glanced quickly at you before walking into his room.

He made his way to his room and shut the door. You were a little disappointed.

Not long after he returned wearing a cute pair of pyjamas with pandas on them. You giggled at the sight.

He sat down on the only spare space at the end of the couch next to you. You tensed a little and stared at the movie, pretending you didn't notice him.

Gaara watched you quietly.

You tried to keep yourself awake but slowly your eyes started to close. You eventually began to doze and landed on something soft and warm  as you fell asleep.

~Gaara's pov ~

Gaara watched as y/n closed her eyes and started to fall towards the couch.

Without thinking he quickly moved across the space between you both and caught you gently.

He held you close and watched as you slept peacefully in his arms.

Temari was shocked, to say the least, when she finally looked away from the movie.  She raised her eyebrow and grinned at him. She couldn't believe y/n was touching him.

He looked down at you.

Gaara was oblivious to Temari's stares. You were the only thing he could see in that moment. Nothing else mattered.

"She could never feel for me the way I feel about her," he whispered softly as he touched your hair.

Gaara's heart hurt, 'what is this,' he questioned the pain he felt.

He placed you down gently and walked to his room.