Pain

Tears streamed down your face as you swept through the streets of Sunagakure.

'He hates me!' You thought. 'Why did I ever think he'd like me anyway. We've been friends for years. That's all we've ever been.'

You found your way to your favourite place and wept silently.

"I just hoped...." You whispered.

"But it doesn't matter," you cried

"I can't touch him. That proves he will never want me!"

You fell to the ground fingers digging through the sand in your agony.

You couldn't breathe. Why did it have to hurt so much.

Your tears fell upon the sand as you clutched your heart.

"Y/n..." Temari whispered, leaning down beside you.

"Why?" Your tears fell even faster.

She pulled you into a hug. "Y/n, Gaara has suffered so much when it comes to love. I'm not sure if anyone can ever touch him. I just don't think it is possible."

She looked at you and you saw the pain in her eyes. She couldn't stand seeing you cry. And you knew deep down it must hurt her too, she couldn't hug the brother she loved so dearly.

"Don't let it get to you."

"Come on, let's get something to eat and watch some movies tonight with kankuro!" She exclaimed, putting on a bright smile and picking you up from the ground.

She dusted off your clothes and wiped away your tears, "beautiful as ever," she smiled mending your heart a little.

"Let's go!"