22- Truth or Dare

This chapter is dedicated to Cap-is-a-turtle and megan-dillpickle for being some of the first to vote and stuff on this story. You two are awesome! *Set after the Giant War*

"Okay, Annabeth, Truth or Dare," Calypso giggled, glancing at Percy.

"Um, Dare," Annabeth replied. Calypso smiled and handed her a sheet of paper.

"Okay. You have to choose on of us, and ask them these questions. Whomever you ask has to answer truthfully. Go!" After Annabeth read the list, she rolled her eyes and turned to Percy.

"Okay, Seaweed Brain," she began. "Number one: Do you like me?

"No."

Annabeth's head snapped up so fast she heard a crack, but she passed it off as a joke.

"Do I ever cross your mind?"

"You did one time, yeah," he responded, his voice flat. Annabeth  almost cried. Once?

"Would you live solely for me?" she asked hesitantly, shaking a little.

"No," Percy said, staring at her levelly. Now Annabeth really was crying.

"Would you cry if I left?" she croaked.

"Not really."

"Choose... choose me or your life," she whispered, ignoring the stares she and Percy were getting from their friends. They looked shocked, and Piper and Hazel looked close to tears.

"I'd choose my life," Percy said, as if it should be obvious, and Annabeth's heart broke. Her chest ached so much she almost curled up and cried out in pain, but she didn't. Instead, she straightened, reaching out and slapping Percy across the face as hard as she possibly could. His head lolled a bit, but he caught her hand and looked at her. She tried to pull away, but he held on tightly.

"You didn't ask the right questions," he said softly. Everyone looked at him, confused, but none more so than Annabeth, tears streaming down her face. Percy just continued in the same, low tone.

"I don't like you, I love you. You only ever crossed my mind once, because after that, you never left my thoughts. I wouldn't live only for you, I'd die, just for you. If you left, I wouldn't cry that much--I'd die before I could. And I chose my life, because--haven't I made it obvious? You are my life. I love you, Wise Girl."

Annabeth wrenched her hand free and tackled him, pinning him to the ground and slapping him again.

"I love you too, you idiot! Don't do that, I hate you!" Percy sat up and held her in his lap while his friends watched.

"Yeah, I know you do," he said, giving her a kiss. Then Jason spoke up.

"That was... incredibly dumb, even for you. You purposely made Annabeth mad? You really do have a death wish." everyone nodded in agreement, with Leo's head moving so fast it looked like it would fly off any second. Piper looked like she was trying hard not to squeal.

"Eh. I'm in one piece, aren't I? Annabeth loves me," Percy said, grinning. Annabeth shook her head.

"No I don't. I hate you."

"Love you too."

"You guys confuse me. Aquaman! Your turn!"

As if we needed it, here is even more proof that Percy is an idiot. He's an incredibly smart demigod, but he's an idiot. Still; Percabeth!

-Sara