2- Percabeth

*set after the Titan War, and before Percy's disappearance*

Annabeth backed away, eyes stinging with tears. She knew that it wasn't true, but Drew's charmspeak overpowered her thoughts, filling her head.

"Percy doesn't love you," Drew taunted. "He doesn't love you at all. Soon, he'll abandon you for someone else. He doesn't love you, not really."

"Stop it!" Annabeth screamed. Then she turned and ran. She ran towards the forest, and didn't hesitate. She plunged in, not caring about the possibility of monsters.

Crying, she ran blindly, ducking under branches and jumping over rocks, until she suddenly pitched forward. She had tripped over a tree root.

Annabeth put out her hands to try and stop her fall, but she rolled anyways, tumbling head over heels. Finally, she came to a stop, still sobbing. Slowly, she got up and limped over to the creek that was, luckily, nearby. Splashing water onto her face, she tried to calm down.

"Ouch," a sympathetic voice said beside her. Annabeth turned to see Juniper sitting cross legged a few feet away, watching her.

"Oh, it doesn't hurt that much, it's just..." Annabeth choked back another sob. Juniper smiled kindly.

"Oh no, not you, though I'm sure it stings. I was talking about Drew," Juniper giggled. "It'll take a lot of makeup to cover the bruise she'll have tomorrow."

"Drew? What are you talking about?" Annabeth asked, confused. Juniper tilted her head, as if listening. Around them, leaves rustled. The tree nymph giggled.

"Someone gave her a straight to the jaw, apparently. Something about her mean comments?"

Annabeth managed a smile. She was friends with almost everybody at camp—she wondered who it had been. Then she turned back to her hands, intending to wash the cuts on them. Except, they were perfectly fine. Annabeth was confused again, and as a daughter of Athena, she hated that feeling. She turned to Juniper again.

"A friendly Naiad?" she asked.

"Nope," Juniper replied, smiling. Her eyes twinkled as the leaves rustled again, giving her answers. Annabeth frowned. Revenge on Drew...

"Malcom?" she guessed.

"One more guess!" the dryad laughed happily.

'Who could possibly bruise Drew and get away with it?'

"Time's up," a new voice said. Annabeth spun around.

"I did," Percy said, anger still lingering in his eyes. "Drew's an idiot. I would never leave you, Wise Girl."

Percabeth fluff! Soooooo? Am I any better than last time? Please let me know what you think in the comments! Oh, and more of Viria's art. Honestly, can you blame me? ^_^

'Til next time!

Sara