Chapter 8

Walking down the hallways was like walking through a fairy tale. It was lined with suits of armor and pictures that moved. Some of them even talked! I could see that all of the other first years were looking around wondrously too.

All I could whisper was “wow” before we reached a portrait of a fat lady. 

When we reached it and all huddled around it one of the older Gryfindors turned towards us and said loud enough for all of us to hear “the password to get into the common room is ‘plum pudding.’ Now can everyone remember that?” 

We all nodded together.

I didn’t know what to expect when I walked into the common room, but it definitely wasn’t what I saw in front of me. The room looked like a second home; with comfy chairs spaced evenly around the room and a large fire blazing in the hearth. I could already feel myself relaxing. 

The girl prefect turned towards us and told us to “follow her.”

Walking up the curved stairs was nerve wracking. I finally started thinking about what would happen for the next seven years. I didn’t know any girls my age that would be in the room with me. This would be my first night away from home with nobody I knew.

We finally ended at two doors. The prefect called out seven girls names, and as she did seven girls pushed pass me to get into the room. She then told all of us that the remaining girls would be in the room across the hall. 

The first thing I did when I walked in the room was to grab the corner bed so I could have some privacy, unlike the unlucky girls who would have to spend the next seven years spending their whole lives in the middle of everything. 

I sighed, saw that my stuff was sitting on the bottom of my bed, got out my pajamas, changed and fell asleep on top of my sheets.

Alright so its a little short but I'm getting back into the hang of writing. The next few chapters will come slowly since I'll be writing them inbetween homework and sleeping.