Chapter 7

For the second time that night the whole room went quite. Slowly Leon stood up and walked over to the Gryfindor table. All of a sudden a rousing cheer blew through the room from the Gryfindor table.

“Ha! Dad will love this!” Hugo yelled.

“We took one of their best!” Someone nearby yelled.

“Just like Sirius.” Lily whispered.

The Gryfindor’s yelling broke the silence and all of a sudden murmurs rung around the room. There was some hisses coming from the Slytherin table. I completely forget about Leon until I heard someone clearing their throat behind me.

“Um, can I sit with you guys?” Leon whispered.

“Of course you can” I said and scooted over to make room for him.

“So how do you feel breaking family traditions?” Lily asked.

“I don’t really care, though I know my parents will be pissed.”

“Quiet!” McGonogall yelled. “The sorting is over, and now it is time for the feast. I will make the beginning of the year speech after you all have eaten. She sat down and looked around, all of a sudden food appeared on all of the plates in front of us.

I gasped and looked around to see everyone else’s expressions. Leon had a look  of amazement on his face too, Lily wasn’t surprised at all, but Hugo had a look of disgust on his face though.

“Hugo, what’s the problem?”

“Please don’t ask him!” Lily begged.

Too late though because Hugo responded; “They still use enslaved, unpaid house elves to make all of this food.”

“House elves?” I asked, what are those?

“Yeah they are elves that have to do all of your bidding and the such, we have a couple at him.” Leon responded.

“Oh that’s horrible!” Hugo yelled.

“No it’s not, it’s completely normal.” Leon defended.

“No you enslave them, and they have no rights, and they can’t do anything they want, and they punish themselves if they do anything wrong!” Hugo ranted.

“Just like his mother.” Lily whispered while rolling her eyes and digging into the delicious looking food.

“That sounds horrible!” I said.

“I know, it is. Mother has been fighting for the rights of house elves since she has been going here.”

“They want to be enslaved Hugo. They go crazy if they aren’t.” Leon said.

“No they don’t, my dad was friends with a freed house elf.” Hugo retorted.

“He was knew another house elf who went deranged when she was freed.” Lily whispered while she dug into a heaping plate of pudding.

“Guys, can we place postpone this argument for later? I’d kinda like to eat.” I ask them all.

“Fine.”

“Fine.”

The food was delicious, I had never had food as good as this. I could see why people wanted house elves, their cooking is delicious.

Slowly we ate all of our food. Finally all of the food was cleared off, and in it’s place dessert appeared.

After all of the courses were done and the food disappeared McGonogall stood up.

“All right everyone, welcome back to another year at Hogwarts. I would like to welcome all of the first years and warn them against a few things during their stay at Hogwarts. First, no going into the Forbidden Forest, second, no wand use in the hallway, third do not wander the halls at night, and fourthly no pranking.”

When she said the last thing she looked directly at the twins sitting at the Gryffindor table, they high-fived and started laughing.

“That is all, have a wonderful stay at Hogwarts. First years please follow your prefects to your common rooms.

Sorry it took so long....computer problems and all. Thank you for reading! As always....VOTE, COMMENT, VOTE, COMMENT!!!!!! :)