Chapter 3

Petunia’s POV

I leaped onto the train following Lily and Hugo. Lily is in her second year this year, but Hugo is a first year with me. We follow Lily, trying to find an empty cabin. We walked all the way to the back of the train, before stopping before the second to last cabin which had only one other person in it. 

The boy was bent over a book, completely absorbed in it. When we walked in he jumped in surprise. When Lily saw him she looked at him in disgust, but I didn’t see anything wrong with him

“You have to be a Malfoy.”

With this Hugo’s mouth also turned down in disgust. I wonder what’s wrong with them? The boy seems nice enough, if not standoffish. 

I turn to him as it seems the others wouldn’t be that nice. “Hello my name is Petunia Dursley, what’s yours?”

He turned to me in surprise. “How can you be hanging out with them and not know me, let alone my name?”

“I’m new here, this is my first year.”

“So am I” the boy responds, “that still doesn’t explain how you are hanging out with them on your first day, and not know who I am.”

Humph, I can see why Lily and Hugo don’t like him, he is very arrogant.

Lily turns to him and says “gosh Malfoy, you could show some respect, she doesn’t know how you are because her parents are muggles.”

“Then how is she already hanging out with you? Are do you all take in all of the new mudbloods.”

At this Lily and Hugo turned furious, they looked like they could slap him.

“Guys calm down, I don’t know what m-mudblood means, my uncle is a wizard though. I tell them.

“Well, who is your uncle?” The boy that Lily called Malfoy.

“My uncle is Harry Potter.”

At this Malfoy turned to me with the funniest expression on his face as in disbelief, but also understanding.

“That’s how you started the year with the wrong crowd.” 

I turned mad at this, even though I just met Lily and Hugo I already like them. “Do not insulate my friends like that Malfoy.”

At this Lily laughs.

“What?”

“I think you have just broke your dads record of making enemies on the first day by a good three hours.” Lily says.

At this Hugo starts laughing, “dad would love this, he would say that she has already fit into the family, having her own Malfoy to hate and all.”

I frown at this, I don’t like to hate anyone or have enemies, I just didn’t like him making fun of my friends.

At this point an old lady pushing a cart comes by our cabin saying “anything from the cart?” 

Lily and Hugo look up eagerly, but Malfoy turns back to the book he was reading when we stepped in, I can see it’s called “Harry Potter, a History” by Hermoine Granger. “I thought you didn’t like my family?” I whisper to him.

“I don’t, that’s my father, and my older brother has done nothing to dispel the rumors. I care nothing for their tiffs with your family, I would prefer to learn then to fight. Everyone assumes though that since I’m a Malfoy I act a certain way, and I feel that I have a certain reputation to uphold.” He whispers back.

When Lily and Hugo turn back from the cart they start laughing, I don’t understand why at first until they say.

“Dad would die if he heard that a Malfoy was reading that book.”

“Mum would die if she heard that a Malfoy was reading her book.”

“It was on the book list for first years, so I’m reading it to get ready.”

At this Lily stops laughing. “When mum saw that that was on the list, she got really mad. She’s convinced that the teacher is either in love with dad, or is a hater, and is going to bash everything he did.” 

I know mum got mad too she said that “there are better books to be teaching children from, such as ‘Magic a History Updated’.  Not her book which as she put it lightly is a light reading book at only 800 pages.” 

Lily laughs at that, “that sounds like aunt Hermoine!”

“Why is there a book about uncle Harry?”

At this everyone turns to me and gasps, even Malfoy.

“H-How can you not know?” Lily asks.

“Is that even possible?” Hugo sputters out.

“That would explain a lot.” Malfoy sighs.

“Well we must tell you the brief version of the story before we get to school, I can not stand for my cousin not to know the story about her uncle, the most famous wizard in the world.

What do y'all tink??? VOTE,COMMENT,VOTE,COMMENT!!! :)