Chapter 12: Cold and Wet and In Love

When I woke up I could tell I was sitting inside on the stairs without opening my eyes. I felt a warm body next to me so I cuddled a bit closer. My clothes were soaking wet still so I had a right to be freezing. An arm wraps around me pulling me closer. I open my eyes and look up to see Severus. I blush lightly and he gives me the small, crooked smile that few even thought he had and even fewer had ever seen. I smile back at him, blush creeping over my cheeks.

Suddenly someone grabs me from behind, turns me around, and hugs me tightly. My face was against their chest and I can feel wet clothes. "Kit! Please don't cry again! Just forget about those idiots! We don't need them!" Sirius says. I close my eyes and wrap my arms around his middle. I listen to his heart beating in his rib cage.

"I'm sorry, Siri," I whisper. He shakes his shaggy head.

"Don't be! Just promise me you won't cry again!" he says, pulling away but keeping his hands on my shoulders. I give him a sad smile.

"I can't make a promise I'll break," I say. He gave me a sad smile back before pulling me back to his chest. I closed my eyes and hugged him back. "Thank you for caring, Sirius." I could hear an almost growl coming from behind me. I pulled away and turned around to look at Severus. He opened his arms and I curled up close, a smile on my lips.

"I'm sorry, Black, but we don't need her sick as well as sad," he said. I curled up close to his warmth. I knew this would make him wet but he volunteered. Besides, he was dry and warm, and I loved listening to his voice vibrating through his chest. His arms are wrapped around me, not tight but not loosely either.

"Why don't we take her upstairs than, let her change, and then bring her back down to you?" Sirius suggests.  Severus looks him over before nodding.

"Alright, be quick," he replies. Sirius nods and stands up. He holds a hand out for me which I take. He helps me up. I wrap my arms around me as I walk up stairs, glancing back at Severus as we watches us go. I give him a small smile which he returns before looking forwards.

When we get to the common room I head straight to the dorm to  change. I peel my soaking and cold clothes off. I shiver as I stand in my underwear. I was still wet so I grabbed my blanket and wrap it around me, kneeling by my trunk. I threw the once-wet-now-dry wash cloth on the floor to look through all my clothes. I pull out dry pair of jeans, a long sleeved green shirt, warm socks, and knee high boots. I quickly pull it all on, the blanket still over my shoulders.

I continue to look through my trunk for a sweater. I don't find a sweater but I find my dark blue cloak. I shrug the blanket off and throw it back on my bed and wrap the cloak around my shoulders. The cloak had been for a cosplay one summer; I was Raven from Teen Titans, an amazing muggle cartoon.

Once the cloak was around me I stood up and walked back down to the common room. Sirius was sitting on the couch in dry clothes. He turned to me and smiled. He stood up and walked over. He put his arm out. "I shall escort you back to your snake," he says. I smile and put my arm through his.

"Let's go than, shall we?" I reply. He smiles and leads me back down to Severus. He was standing around, talking to Lucius. I smiled at them. Sirius took his arm back and smiled at me.  I smiled back. "Well go on! Snog him like I know you want to!" he says. I giggle.

"Thank you, Siri!" I say. I turn and run down the last of the steps. I hug Severus. He tensed but when he realized it was me he hugged me back. I grin and lean my head on his shoulder. He chuckled.

"Hello to you, too, Kitten," he says. I giggle. He pulls away but keeps me at arms length. He had a that crooked smile that I love so much. I lean in and give him a gentle kiss. When I pulled back I could see Lucius out of the corner of my eye staring at us. I turned to him, a smile on my lips.

Severus P.O.V.

I watch as Black leads Kitten upstairs. She turns to look at me with a smile on her beautiful lips. I smile back at her. She continues on her way up the stairs. I turn as Lucius walks up to me. He had a small smile.  "So, how are you?" I ask. He grins.

"The ball was just great! Narcissa totally fell in love with me!" he says. "And it looked like you got some action of your own." I smile.

"You could say that," I reply. He chuckles. "Are you sure she wasn't already in love with you before you asked her to the dance?" He shrugs.

"Whatever! All I know is that she loves me and I love her!" I smile.

"Well that sounds good at least," I say. He nods.

"What about you though? What's up Little Miss I-Hate-You?" he asks. I smile again.

"I think I'm getting a second chance. At least I sure hope so," I say. He puts his hand up and I give him a high five. He grins.

"That is awesome! If she doesn't give you a chance I'll talk her into it for ya," he says. I shake my head.

"There's no need, I think I have her," I say. He shrugs. Suddenly someone is hugging me and I tense. I turn and realize it's Kitten, I hug her back. I chuckle at her.

"Hello to you, too, Kitten." She giggles. I pull away but keep her at arms length. I smile lovingly at her. She leans in, giving my a gentle kiss on the lips. I knew I had her, she would be mine forever. When she pulled back she looked at Lucius and gave him a small smile.

"Hi Malfoy," she says. I look at him as he waves.

"Hey. Looks like I'm really not the only who got the girl," he says. Kitten blushes a little and I kiss her cheek.

"That's not a bad thing, is it?" she asks. I smile.

"No, no it's really not. Glad to see him smiling again," he replies. She smiles at me.

"I may have lost Remus and James, but I gained you. And if the boys hadn't gotten their stupid detentions I wouldn't have you. So I have to thank them," she says. Black wolf-whistles.

"Kiss him already, woman!" he says. Kitten laughs and turns to him.

"You shut it!" she says. I turn her towards me and kiss her. She kissed me back, wrapping her arms around my neck. When she pulled back a little she instead put her head on my shoulder. I could feel her warm breath on my neck. I hold her tight.

~I literally don't know where to go next. If anyone has a good idea, please comment! There really aren't BAD ideas, so........please comment! I need help if you want more! Seriously. I've had more than enough time to think and i cant think of the next WORD to put. Please and thankies my darlins.~