Chapter 25

"Wake up Fabia" I heard Romeo say as I felt the warm covers yanked off of my body, "Nice bra and underwear"

I opened my sleepy eyes to see him standing above me with a huge smile on his face, "Don't look at me" I said curling up in a ball trying to cover up my body, "And don't judge me, I hate sleeping with clothes on"

"I'm getting more jealous of Rocco by the minute"

"Stop flirting" I wined pulling a pillow over my head, "You've been doing it all week, I get it"

"I know and you keep telling me that you hate me and that I cheated on you so I should just stop wasting my time"

"Good job" I smiled peeking out from behind the pillow, "You're like a trained parrot"

"Well this trained parrot has one important job today, to make sure you get to the church safe for the wedding.  I'm under specific orders to not let anyone kidnap you"

"Okay well no one is going to kidnap me out of my bed so you can leave and let me shower"

"Alright, we are leaving in an hour.  I'm going to get you then.Also I made you a CD for your wedding day, do you mind if I put it in now?"

"Sure" I said sitting up a little.  I was curious about what kind of music Romeo would put on a CD for me.I knew he liked rap and hip hop, we both were huge Kanye West fans.  We've got to represent for Chicago.

He walked over to the built in entertainment center in my room and pulled a CD from his back pocket, "I made up my own lyrics to this first song so I hope you don't mind if I stay and sing them for you"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "You're going to sing to me?"

"Don't expect much, I've been practicing but my improvement went from horrible to tolerable"

I just smiled as he pressed play and the song Speak Now by Taylor Swift started.I recognized the song instantly; it was a song about a girl who shows up to her true love's wedding and when the pastor says speak now or forever hold your peace she speaks now.  Romeo started over Taylor when the song began, he really had made his own lyrics to the song,

"I am not the kind of boy
Who should be rudely barging in
On a white veil occasion
But you are not the kind of girl
Who should be marrying the wrong boy

I sneak in and see your friends
And his big mafia family
All dressed in black clothes
And he is yelling at a groomsmen
Somewhere back inside a room
Wearing a tux out of a magazine

This is
Surely not what I thought it would be
I lost you once to a kidnaper
Where I hold you and say

Don't say yes, run away now
I'll meet you when you're out
Of the church at the back door

"Okay stop!" I said standing up off my bed and running over to him.  I wanted to hug him, to kiss him, to tell him that I wanted to be with him.

They were the feelings that I was having and fighting over the past week, seeing Romeo everyday made me realize how much I missed him, and how much I wanted to be with him.

I couldn't do anything though, I stood there in front of him and cried, "Please stop your song, just hug me" I said as more tears fell.  He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in close to his body,

"I know we haven't known each other long and I know our entire relationship has been tough and it's been a secret but let's seriously run away.  I know you feel the same way about me that I feel about you... and that's all we need"

"You want to run away?"

"I could be dramatic and do this at the wedding if you'd rather.  But yes let's run away now"

"We can't!" I said in shock, what was he thinking? This completely came out of no where.

"I've planned this all out.  We'll run away, up to Canada.  Get jobs and put ourselves through school.  You'll become a doctor and I'll become an accountant.  It's going to be rough at first but I know we can do it"

"Our family is the mafia, the Cappazo's will find us, and my brothers... I can't leave them"

"They won't find us; I've known this family since birth.  I can avoid them if I have to. I know you'll miss your brothers but you can see them again someday.  Let's just run away and be together, we can be our own family"

I had to smile at him and how sweet he was being.  It was clear that he put lots of time into this plan and that he really wanted it to happen.  I broke my heart that it never would, the tears continued to fall from my eyes and I knew why, "Family is the most important thing to me.  Which is why I have to marry Rocco today, it's what my father wanted"

Romeo hugged me tighter, "I hate that I'm letting the girl of my dreams marry another guy"

"I'm sorry" I whispered stepping back, "But I forgive you"

He smiled, "I love you"

"I love you too"

A huge goofy grin spread across his face, it was the first time I'd seen him look like anything besides a GQ model, "I can't believe you said that" he laughed

"Why?!"

"I never thought that you'd actually say it back to me.  I've been practicing saying it to you in my head ever since we rescued you from Japan.  Every time I said it to you in my head you never said it back"

"Well you said it yourself.  I feel the same way about you that you feel about me.   I love you Romeo"

"But you're still going to marry my best friend?"'

I nodded, "Save a dance for me though?"

"I'm going to request Taylor Swift"

"You better not sing, your singing is barely tolerable"

"I love you"

I giggled, "Love you too"

"Will you be my girlfriend again?"

"Ask me after I'm married and I'll say yes"

"And we'll live happily ever after"

"Okay prince charming, go check your gun.  You've got to get me to the church safely"

"I'll show you a gun, it's cocked and ready to go"

"Okay seriously out now lover boy" I said pointing to the door, I knew that he couldn't let the fact that I was in my underwear be left alone for too long, "See you in an hour"

"It's going to be a long day" He sighed, "Can't wait until after you say I do, because then you get to say I do to us"

_______________________________________________________________________________

Hey! Sorry this took so long to update.  I was in California for 4 days to go to the Rose Bowl... sadly my Badgers lost.  But I had an awesome time, it was great! I met one of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills!! REAL LIFE!

Please leave a comment and vote!