Chapter 19

“Earth to Fabia!” My best friend London called in my ear

“Yeah?” I said blinking my eyes and looking at her.  I had been zoned out for a few minutes at the bridal dress store.  While everyone else was gushing over the beautiful and expensive wedding gowns in the store, I was standing in one spot, depressed, and zoned out. 

I zoned out a lot today. I really hadn’t slept at all last night.  I didn’t feel like myself at all.  I couldn’t eat this morning, I hadn’t eaten all day.  My feelings combined with seeing Romeo this morning were enough to kill me. 

At first we didn’t say anything to each other at breakfast but that made everyone, Rocco especially, curious about our change in behavior.  So by the time noon rolled around we had begun to say nasty things to each other.  We were both harsh and truthful when we said these nasty things to each other, so it hurt me every time.

“Wake up” London laughed, “What do you think of this dress?  It’s just like Kate Middleton’s!”

“Mhmm” I said thorough closed lips that I was trying to force into a smile. 

“Do you want me to put it in your dressing room?”

“Yeah sure”

“Great!” she said happily skipping away.  I looked around, my bridesmaids; Eva, Caprice, London, and Nicki were all here along with Mrs. Cappazo and her Black Amex Card.  They were all so happy to be here today, I however wasn’t happy to be anywhere lately.  

Even thought I know I did the right thing by breaking up with Romeo I was still depressed and fighting feelings for him that seemed to arise whenever I saw him… or thought about him. It didn’t matter, he kissed someone else and I would never be able to trust him again.

“Hi is there anything I can help you with today?” I heard a bright cheery voice say from behind me

I turned around to tell the worker that I was just looking but instead I saw that the worker was Ellen who was standing in front of me… Ellen… Romeo’s ex-girlfriend, the only one he ever really loved, since he obviously never loved me, “Ellen?!” I asked in surprise

“Oh wow! Fabia right? Rocco’s fiancé?”

“Yeah that’s me, do you work here?”

“I just started last month, that’s so funny we ran into each other”

“Oh Ellen, so nice to see you” Caprice said walking over with sarcasm in her voice that no one besides myself picked up on

“Hello Caprice, how are you?” she said back, “Are you still with Teddy Cappazo?”

“Yes, we’re doing wonderfully”

“Nice to hear” Ellen said, “It’s so funny that I’d see you guys today.  I’m going to dinner with Romeo tonight”

 “What!?” I yelled in a jerk reaction

“Yeah he called me like two hours ago and said he missed me and wanted to have dinner to talk.  It was completely out of the blue.  But he sounds like he’s changed you know? I think he might actually want to get back together”

I was feeling sick; I could feel the vomit gurgling in my stomach.  Which was completely ironic because I haven’t eaten anything all day, “You and Romeo? Tonight?”

“Yeah, it’s so random right?” she said with a big smile, “Maybe if we get back together the four of us can go on a double date!”

I really think I was going to throw up, “I’ll be right back” I said dashing off to the bathroom