Chapter 12

"Obviously you have to have a Vera Wang gown" Anna Cappazo said laying a stack of wedding magazines down in front of me. I was in the lavish sitting room of the Cappazo mansion with her and Rocco's oldest sister Eva as we began planning the wedding, "You'll be getting married at our church and I've already made reservations for August 12th so we need to hurry because it's less than two months away!"

I opened up the top magazine and was flipped through the pages, "I think I want a strapless dress" I said remembering the tips Rocco had given me on picking the perfect dress, "One with a really long train and lots of detailing, preferably something that sparkles"

"I can see you've been thinking about this!" Anna smiled, "And I love where you are going with this!"

"No silk or satin, only organza and chiffon.  There needs to be a gathering of rhinestones at the waist"

Eva was scrunching up her nose, "Don't you want something more simple?"

"Eva sweetie, simple and boring is more your style" Her mother said putting her hand on Eva's knee, "Fabia needs to sparkle"

I could see Eva take her mother's put down hard, but she didn't say anything about it.  I got the aching feeling that Eva wasn't exactly the daughter Anna wanted.  It probably had something to do with me getting married before her when she was already 27 years old. 

"Fabia what else are you thinking?"

"I want tons of flowers all over the place, mainly red roses.  I want the bridesmaids to be in floor length deep red gowns, the groomsmen in three piece suits, black ties, and deep red vests.  I would love to have a headpiece like Kim Kardashian did on her wedding, the entire wedding has to be glamorous and sophisticated... and I want to shine like a disco ball" I remembered the description Rocco had given me word for word and repeated it to Anna and Eva.  Most of what I said was his idea but I thought he had pretty good taste.

"I am so excited to start planning! You have such great taste Fabia!" Anna said getting up and giving me a hug, "Now I just want to double check on the wedding party, you are having your friends London and Nicki as co-maid's of honor correct?"

"Yes" I answered.  I hadn't actually asked either of my long time friends to be my maids but I'm sure they will both happily agree, "And my friend Duke is going to be an usher"

"Okay, and you've also chosen Eva and Caprice to be bridesmaids?"

"Correct"

"And Romeo will of course be Rocco's best man, with Teddy, Stephano and Lorenzo as groomsmen.  While both of your brothers Enzo and Marco walk you down the aisle".  I nodded, as Mrs. Cappazo gave me a smile, "Alright well I'm going to make some calls to find a place for the reception.  What are you thinking for food?"

"Italian of course" I smiled

"You are the perfect daughter in law!" she squealed giving me a kiss on the head

Anna skipped away leaving Eva and me in the room alone.  I awkwardly flipped through the wedding magazine that was sitting on my lap; I wasn't looking at anything though because between Rocco and his mother I wasn't planning much of this wedding.

Eva picked up a magazine and sighed, she looked almost heartbroken, "Eva are you bringing a date to the wedding?" I asked hoping I wasn't insulting her.  I was pretty confident she didn't have a boyfriend but I was curious and wanted to find out

"No, I'm not bringing anyone" she said giving me a polite smile, "Right now my facebook relationship status is single"

I laughed she was clearly trying to act younger then she was, I knew for certain she wasn't someone who cared what her facebook relationship status said, "Well I'm sure you'll find someone soon"