Chapter 8

The next three days we did the same thing; got up and spent the day at the beach, went out for dinner, and drank the entire night.  Each night Teddy and Caprice had loud sex so I ended up having to squish between Rocco and Romeo in our bed.  But each morning the breakfast meals got more extravagant and delicious, so we all dealt with it. 

Tonight was our last night in Mexico, tomorrow we would drive an hour north to pick up the supplies that Rocco’s dad needed.  I was certain it was drugs but I didn’t ask because I didn’t want to know.  Our private plane would leave at 8:00 pm and we would arrive in Chicago at 1:00 am where we would have a private car pick us up on runway in order to quickly and safely bring the items to the club.

I was trying not to think about how nervous I was for tomorrow, if we were caught doing anything illegal we could all go to jail for a long, long, time and I’ve watched episodes of locked up abroad, it’s not a fun show.  Caprice had made dinner reservations at a five star restaurant and after we were going to a club to drink and dance.

I chose to wear a baby blue skin tight dress and my highest pair of wedges.  Now that Rocco was out of the closet with his sexuality we spent hours talking about fashion much to Romeo’s dismay.  The other thing that annoyed Romeo more was when we talked about the wedding.  I had of course dreamt about my wedding since I was a little girl, but it seemed that Rocco had done even more dreaming.

He had told me what he wanted at the wedding and was relying on me to tell his mother the ideas were my own.  When we returned home we would go back to pretending to be their perfect straight son who was uninterested in wedding planning.  But really we would be creating a huge gay celebration, or as we called it the wedding of the year. 

Romeo had gotten crabbier as the week went on and Rocco and I became tighter.  We had a ton in common and we talked endlessly about the wedding.  I had already decided to have my bridesmaids be London, Nicki, Caprice, and Rocco’s sister Eva.  The groomsmen were Romeo, Teddy, and Stephano.  Marco and Enzo would both walk me down the aisle since my dad wasn’t there to do it.

We took the golf cart to the restaurant at 7:30 that night.  The four course meal was excellent and I was getting tipsy from the bottle of wine we ordered to the table.

“I want to make a toast” Caprice smiled lifting up her glass, the four of us did the same, “To the five of us on one of the best visits to Mexico I’ve been on, and to Fabia because we have all really enjoyed getting to know you and we are excited that you will soon be joining our family”

“Cheers” Everyone said taking a drink.  I glanced over the top of my wine glass to see that Romeo didn’t cheers or take a drink of his wine, he clearly didn’t agree with Caprice.

I placed my glass down on the table and gave Caprice a big smile, “Thank you, I have loved getting to know all of you and I’m actually excited about the marriage”

Romeo rolled his eyes and took a huge gulp of wine; I was getting really frustrated with his attitude lately.  Whenever I was lying by the pool tanning, I would catch him staring over at me, when I’d look over at him he’d narrow his eyes and give me an evil glare.  I just hope he wasn’t making some huge diabolical plan to leave me in Mexico and make it look like a mistake so I wouldn’t marry his best friend.

“I want to go drink” Romeo said throwing his napkin on the table, it was the first thing he said during the entire dinner

“Teddy just has to pay the bill and we can go dancing!” Caprice said with a giggle her cheeks where rosy which meant she was already a little drunk.  We all were which wasn’t a good sign for any of them for the rest of the night.