Ch. 37: Serpent's Charm

Pain. Agonizing pain.

     With a soft groan, I clutched my head and attempted to open my eyes, but thought better of it when my world was spinning. I sniffled, breathing in the stench of stale alcohol and something ... almost damp. 

      "Good, you're finally awake." A cold voice called out to me, tight and almost annoyed. Beneath me, the surface dipped with their weight as they sat beside me. It was a voice I really didn't want to hear first thing in the morning, ever.

"Shhh." I growled, throwing my ears over my head in pain. "Too much sounds." I peeled one eye open slowly, to look at the person sitting across from me on the wide bed. "Draco?" I croaked and shuddered, the sound made my head pulse with pain. "Where...am I?" My voice came out soft and smooth like a tiny whisper, much nicer to my brain. "What happened?"

     The world whirled around me and I thought I might be sick. 

     Draco sighed and stood up, walking towards a table beside the four-poster bed I was in. He grabbed a large vial of potion and poured it into a goblet, explaining things much too loudly for my liking. "You drank too much, that's what happened, Granger." He chuckled without malice, grabbed the goblet of sparkling purple liquid and handed it to me. "Drink this, it'll help with the hangover."

       "Why... " I whispered, pausing my question to drain the whole thing in one swallow. I should have been more concerned about whether he'd poisoned it, or perhaps even had more of a questioning thought to this, but I didn't. I could practically hear Lana's lecture in my head, adding to the pounding.

     "Why am I here?" Slowly, my head started feeling less and less pressure. Then, the pain stopped altogether. 

     Lifting myself up, I saw that I was under the covers of a green and silver sheeted bed. I looked around the room, noticing the green iron buttresses and the carved intricate depictions of mermaids and sea creatures on the wooden walls. Green tapestries hung in the corner, proudly displaying the emblem of Salazar Slytherin. There was a window, much like the ones in the Gryffindor Common Rooms, yet as I studied them, I realized I was underwater. Seaweed caressed the window frames and danced with the tide. 

      My stomach churned once more. 'What the fuck am I doing here,' I almost cried to myself.

Draco shrugged and leaned against his head board next to me. "First time drinking Firewhiskey, Mud-Blood? That stuff will get you, especially if you mix - which you did."

       "I don't remember anything from last night," I admitted, sitting up and feeling extremely cold. As I looked down, I realized I wasn't wearing my dress any more. Instead, I was in a grey tank top and green cotton shorts. 

     "What the --" I gasped and pushed myself off the bed, tugging at the new set of clothes with unbridled fury and confusion. I yanked one of the pillows off the bed and tossed it squarely into Malfoy's face.

       "What the bloody hell was that for?" He cursed, rubbing his face, but still laying on the bed, eyes closed tight. "You should be thanking me."

      "Did you take advantage of me?!" I yelled, jumping out of bed and cringing as my bare feet froze under the cold floor.

Draco's face paled even more and he rolled his eyes with a sneer, putting his arms behind his head. "Oh please, Granger. Why the bloody hell would I waste my time taking advantage of a mud-blood like you?" 

       "Again, you need new insults. Besides, you know you want me." I teased, feeling slightly better while I rolled my eyes and begun pulling my hair up into a ponytail. "So, if you didn't do anything, why the hell am I in bedclothes? These aren't mine." I flopped down on the mattress once more and glared up at the ceiling, looking at nothing in particular. "What am I even doing here, actually?"