Cupid's Incorporated - Epilogue

Love’s a funny thing.

It can make you do the craziest things.

Love can make you happy, sad, delirious, it can kill people, and also cure people.

But, in my experience, all love ever does is hurt you.

If I didn’t love Ashton, this move would be ten times easier. Seeing him and being in the same room with him, but knowing I can never have him, is one of the most terrible things I've ever known. It's almost too hard to face anything now.

And it's only going to get worse.

If love weren't hard, I wouldn’t be sobbing into my pillow as I heard him shuffle around downstairs, his footsteps not holding the life and excitement they normally did, the vigor and vitality with which he normally had.

I wouldn’t be trying so hard not to feel this way as I heard him pack his things together and start setting up in the guestroom situated right next to mine.

And most of all, my heart wouldn’t be shattering into a million pieces as I knew this would be my life for the next year.

The boy I loved would now be the boy sitting in the room next door, he would eat at my dinner table, attend my school, live under my roof.

He’d be near me all the time.

I knew it wouldn’t be easy getting over Ashton. Every time I tried not to feel the way I did, I would picture his sweet smile, our first date, the first kiss, the first time he told me he loved me.

But I’d have to try. I had to do it for my mom, for Henry, for me.

I even had to do it for Ashton.

Like I said, love is a funny thing.

Sometimes it can provide you with happiness beyond your imagination. It can cure a sickness, be a guiding light in a moment of darkness.

But love can also break your heart.

And that’s exactly what love did to me.

~THE END~