Chapter Fifteen: Sweet Villainy

Blood.

It was what controlled and dictated all manners of life. It certainly controlled mine. I loved blood. It was the purest thing in the world, except when it wasn't. This city was tainted with the filth of dirty blood. The smell of it hung in the air.

It coated my hands as I stared down at another masterpiece. The little mongrel had pleaded and begged like the rest of them. I had given it the chance to fight for its freedom like the others but it tucked tail and ran like they always did. My wolf rumbled with satisfaction as he remembered the feeling of shredding flesh and breaking bone. He was a war machine encased in flesh. He loved the violence as much as I did. A shiver of delight rippled across my flesh and I grinned wildly as I turned to the men that had brought me the little treat.

I lifted my hand to my face and licked the blood from fingers. I couldn't help but wonder what Octavia's blood would taste like. Would the queen bleed like the mongrels that carried her empire on their backs?  I sure hoped so. I wanted to show the world that even a queen could bleed.

The male closest to me cringed back. The sour stench of his fear blended with the metallic tang around me. I let out a chuckle, high from the kill but not nearly as satisfied as I could be, "Go. Fetch me a female. Preferably one who isn't on those nasty chemicals. I want her to feel everything I do to her." He hesitated a moment and I snapped my teeth together in his direction just to watch him scurry away like a rat.

I had no shame over the fact that I was ready to fuck. The violence and blood always did that to me. Hell, the thought of laying a bitch down in the mongrel guts and blood and painting her red as I was balls deep inside of her, had me jonesing. Hard.

A throat cleared near me, "Calm down, Benny-boy. I know how you like them big but you couldn't handle me. Plus I wouldn't want Richard to get jealous." I commented with a wink as I turned to male who stood on my left. His cheeks tinted red and I watched lips flap like a fish gasping for air.

"What's he packing down there anyway? I'm curious." I questioned as I tilted my head, my eyes trailing down his form just so I could watch him squirm like a pathetic little bug.

His face turned redder at my question, "I don't know! It's not like I'm staring at his dick."

"I see. It's cause he likes to fuck you from behind. You do look like you like to take it up the ass, Benny-boo." I remarked flippantly as I plucked some of the mongrel scraps from my chest. Benjamin grumbled heatedly under his breath next to me which only made me want to keep poking at him. If he didn't react I would probably leave him alone, it's no fun when they don't react.

I turned away, looking to the large wall of glass, "Has anyone seen Ajax?"  I was bored without the wild bastard, usually when I asked him to bring me back a treat he fetched it quickly. He craved the blood just as much as I did. He was a source of constant entertainment for me, the way his mind worked...it was an unpredictable riddle. I loved riddles, tricky little words. Interesting messages that needed to be deciphered.

I walked towards the windows, listening to Benjamin shift behind me, "You know how he is...He does whatever he feels like, when he feels like it. I don't get why you try to use someone like him, he doesn't listen to anyone. He's no better than a wild dog."

I stared out at the filthy streets below, a long sigh, "If I had a world of my own everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't..."

"What?" His voice whined in my ear and My wolf flashed his teeth in annoyance at the sound. He was an illiterate bastard.

I ignored his confusion as I rolled my shoulders, tapping my blood crusted finger against the glass "Through the looking glass...Looking through the glass..."I chuckled to myself at the irony as I turned away from the sight of the glaring city lights in the distance. The fluorescent beams were unfavorable on the eyes. We weren't humans but these beast lived like they were. Diluting their blood, mixing themselves up until they fell so far from the tree that they were contorted into hideous monstrous forms. This is why I appreciated Ajax. He was wild, pure of the filth that hung on all the beast in this mad city.