Chapter Five: Part Two: Charlatans

We ended up at a familiar door, I looked both ways before knocking. Tatum shifted from foot to foot next to me, "Stop doing that." I snapped feeling agitated.

The door opened to reveal a very toasted Frank, eyes red. The smell of whiskey poured off of him. He gave me a lopsided smile, "Sutton!" He reached out and pulled me into a hug. The beast rumbled with her annoyance but she let the drunken male hug us because she knew he wasn't a threat. I patted his wide back.

"It's good to see you too, Frank." I said it dryly, peering back over my shoulder when I heard a soft giggle. Tatum quickly silenced herself but her lips were still quirked up in a small grin, at least she seemed more relaxed than before.

I pushed him back and he wobbled a little before leaning his shoulder against the door. His eyes moved to Tatum and he smiled brighter, "Well aren't you just the cutest little thing." He spoke to her like she was a baby. I watched as her smile turned into a frown and her cheeks puffed out, which I was sure was a sign of her own irritation.

"Duane!" He called back over his shoulder, his pony tail swaying, "Sutton is here and she brought a new girl with her." I could hear movement from inside the house and Duane's head popped around the doorway to the living room. He had a large smile on his face as he moved towards the open door quickly.

"My girl! How are you?" He reached out for me and I allowed him to pull me into a hug. The two were genuine friends, despite Frank's half drugged state whenever I saw him. I was just glad he stuck to pot. Some of the drugs I delivered could fuck a person up. "Ignore, Frankie, he got into the dabs and whiskey again. Keeps forgetting he doesn't need all that much to get him ripped." He let me go as he threw an annoyed glare at his mate. Frank just grinned before grabbing Duane's shirt, pulling him towards his form and kissing him soundly.

I glanced at Tatum and smirked when her mouth dropped open in shock as Frank bent himself over Duane with a growl of appreciation. Not everyone was used to homosexuality, it seemed like Tatum was one of them. Duane gave a small giggle as Frank buried his face into his neck. I was used to the displays, despite how Duane apologized, his face bright red as he did so. I thought they were adorable to be honest.

"Frank! Let me go!" Duane chuckled before kissing Frank on the lips quickly, pushing him away. "I love you but you get right randy when you are all ripped." His face was bright red as he sent me an apologetic smile that I waved off.

"I am ripped and you love it." Frank growled before pressing his face back into Duane's neck.

"Yes you are, my big muscular man." He ran his hand over Frank's back before pushing him away again. "We can continue this in a few minutes but right now we have business to attend to." Frank gave a low grumble as he kissed his way to Duane's mouth.

"You two take your time." I looked at my watch. "Octavia will only rip me to shreds if I'm late, I don't mind." I didn't mind their affection while I was off duty but when my schedule was packed I needed them both to focus because I would be the one hurting in the end.

"Sorry, sweety. You coming for the supper on sunday?" Frank pulled away from Duane with a sheepish, if a bit non-repentant, look on his face.

"You know I wouldn't miss it for the world." I nodded at him and he gave me a rather baked smile,

"You are a sweet one, dolly." He bent over and kissed my cheek affectionately, his stubble scratching at my skin. He pulled back and then smacked Duane's ass with a large grin. "When business is over we are finishing this discussion, Duane." His winked at me before he moved his bulk further into the house, swaying slightly as he did so. Duane tried to hid his flustered state to no avail.