A Preview

Three Days Later

Three Days Later

Aching. That's all that I can feel. From my chest to my head to my heart to my soul. Everything hurts. Even the morning sun is causing my eyes to pulse with pain. I trudge back, the few short strands of hair at the front of my head have blood caked on them. All of my clothes are torn and muddy, much like the others in my group. At least I don't have much blood on me. It could be worse, much worse.

Someone's arm is around me, as I help move their limping body back. Someone far off is crying, and it's hard to tell if their pain is physical or not. Someone nearby is throwing up.

That's when they stroll out. The devils. They come out of a tent, together laughing; clean, and pristine, and smiling.

My blood boils.

"You killed him." The words scrape against my dry throat. I can feel the tears sticking to my face. "You murdered him!"

They look up, almost puzzled to hear my cries.

I raise my voice. "You're a murderer. A coward. You killed him!"

The arms around me tighten and hold me back, but I scream and shake in their arms, thrash about.

Let me go. Let me kill him. Another set of arms find me. I see another boy charge at them, and another, all being held back by their friends.

"You're rotten, you disgust me. You're killers!" I screech.

More shouting and screeching and crying around me. One boy makes it up to them, only to be knocked on his head.

"I'll murder you!"

~~~~~~~

So, the first installment will be up Friday. Welcome to the Game. Let me know how you feel about it, and sorry the wait is long. I'm trying to make the Mid Season Finale as exciting as possible.

Until then, listen to music you love, and I'll see you Friday.