Ten Tips for a Wattpad Writer

Hey everyone, it's Rhea...you know that girl who writes stories about sarcastic lead characters. Yeah, that's me and before I continue I want to apologize for putting you through my trainwreck stories.

I'm here today to talk about how to make a great novel on wattpad. Now these are all the steps that I used in boosting my stories (views, votes, and comments). I'll go step by step and explain how I followed them. Please keep note that these steps worked for me, but they may not work for everyone else. Wattpad is a game of chance, and sometimes it takes time before your book is noticed.

For me, that took three years. So be patient.

1.) Pick A Storyline: When you begin to write a story, you want to choose a story you'll enjoy. Now I've seen people give advice on what kind of story a writer should work on, and sometimes I don't completely agree with them. Especially when they say that they should write a story that the masses would enjoy. In other words, people will tell you to write what's popular. Here on Wattpad, that's bad boys, fanfics, and romance.

I throw that theory completely out. Choose a story that you'll enjoy. It gives you more motivation to work on it as often as possible, and you'll have a more genuine audience that shares your interest.

So if you like that Victorian romance genre, but your followers don't? That's fine, you write your story how you want. Write what makes you feel comfortable.

Or if you're like me, and you like to experiment. Write in different genres until you find the one that best fits you. I'm still looking for my favorite genre but in the meantime I'm having fun writing in different styles.

2

2.) A Title To Remember: This step is self-explanatory. I always try to choose titles for my books that are catchy, or harder to forget. Usually I love to abbreviate with them so that I can refer to them easily. 'Crazy,Awkward,Sweet' = 'CAS', 'Dude's A Lady?' = 'DAL?' and so on.

A reader will automatically latch onto a title that seems interesting. So make it catchy, and fit the story. I would avoid something too revealing like, 'Becoming The Jocks Girlfriend' or something like that. Instead find an alternative title like, 'Under Pressure' or something like that. (I'm actually bad under pressure)

An exception to this rule however is the term 'Bad Boy'. It's a wattpad thing I had quickly latched onto. Because lets be honest if you see the term 'Bad Boy' in any title, there's a 95% chance you'll click on that book.

I don't recommend using 'Bad Boy' in the title, because it's too overused. I should know, I succumbed to the bad boy phenomenon. [see: confessions of a bad boy] But I will say that it does bring in the curious few.

However, the choice is totally up to you. Just choose a title that best fits your story.

 Just choose a title that best fits your story