Lee Pace and Richard Armitage (DEATH)

Lee doesn’t know how it happened. He and Richard were having a nice time together. Walking around the park, holding hands, making the other laugh and stealing kisses from each other. When suddenly,

Bang.

He heard Richard gasp. Lee turned to him, his heart fell. The whole world stood still for a moment. Everything going in slow motion. The sight before him was not what he wanted at all. His whole life was about to end right there in front of him.

Richard looked down at his chest. He couldn’t breathe. He looked up at Lee who was just as shocked as he was. He felt his legs weaken and stumbled to the ground. Lee screamed his name.

Lee dropped to his knees next to Richard, holding him against his chest. He put his hand over the gun-shot wound. ‘This couldn’t be happening’ he thought ‘not now, not ever’.

“Come on Richard, I-I can’t lose you” His voice was cracking, his heart was aching. He started to cry. Tears dropping onto Richard’s cheek.

“L-Lee, I-I-I love y-you, don’t fo-forget that” Richard whispered. He could feel his last breaths lining up to be released. The pain in his chest was and fire hot. He felt his body weakening. His eye’s watering up.

“I love you too, Rich” Lee sobbed out.

“Lee?” he breathed.

“Yea?”

“Could you sing me that song you always listen to?” Richard wanted to hear Lee sing to him as he slowly faded away from reality.

“Of course” Lee took a few deep breaths before beginning to sing to his lover.

I remember tears streaming down your face When I said, I'll never let you go

When all those shadows almost killed your light

I remember you said, Don't leave me here alone

But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Richard sighed, listening closely to Lee’s angelic voice sing to him.

Just close your eyes The sun is going down

You'll be alright No one can hurt you now

Come morning light

You and I'll be safe and sound

Lee was sobbing between lines. He watched as Richards eyes started to slowly close. He felt sick to his stomach.

Don't you dare look out your window, darling, Everything's on fire

The war outside our door keeps raging on

Hold on to this lullaby Even when music's gone Gone

Richard, relaxing in Lee’s arms, could feel his last breath coming up. He grabbed Lee’s hand and squeezed tightly. Reassuring Lee that everything will be alright.

Just close your eyes The sun is going down

You'll be alright No one can hurt you now

Come morning light Y

ou and I'll be safe and sound

Lee watched as Richard faded away. He felt his heart stop beating just as he sang the last word. He stared heartbroken at Richard’s lifeless body. He was screaming, unable to shed anymore tears. Just dry sobs and loud shouts. Lee was broken. His whole life was just taken away from by the pull of a trigger.

Lee lay down next to Richard’s body. He pecked his lips lightly. It was now night time. He stared up at the stars and feel into the dreamless sleep.