Ch 64: The Ritual

Damian :

We had to stop a few times to get refreshed and stretch before continuing on our way. Ashley slept the majority of the time, and I let her, she needed all the rest she could get after all.
Every once in a while I would glance over and just gaze at her. She was so damn beautiful, and I hated to see her so frail and weak.
    The kiss we shared last night was stuck in my head, it had been filled with all my fears and pent up passion.
The feel of Ashley's soft lips against mine, the taste of her. I thought I'd never get to feel her against me but last night, with the feeling of Ashley pressed against me, all I could think about was making her mine. Once and for all. As soon as the ritual was in place I wanted desperately to finally see my mark on her beautiful neck. To show every one that Ashley was mine, in body and in soul.

      I could already feel my canines coming out with the powerful need to mark Ashley.
"You really should keep your eyes on the road." I immediately turned back to the road as Lances voice entered my mind. Sure enough I was over the yellow line and quickly straightened up.
I really shouldn't have dozed off like that. I reprimanded myself, especially with the three most important people in my life in the car with me.
    "Are we almost there ?" Lance asked, chuckling.
He probably knew what had me distracted.
"Not exactly. Bryan wanted us to stop by, take a shower and eat a home made meal before heading to the Witchs land." I replied.
   "Alright I'll let the others know, you focus on the road and stop staring at Ashley so much." With one last chuckle he left my mind.
  It was around midday when we finally arrived at Midnight Territory. Bryan was out front waiting with Tyler and Paul when we pulled up.
Ashley had woken up not so long ago, but she still looked exhausted.

    "There's my beautiful granddaughter ." Bryan immediately wrapped his arms around Ashley, a frown lining his face as he felt how frail she felt.
    "Hey grandpa." She whispered, her voice laced with exhaustion. "Hey uncle Paul and Ty."
"Hey, there sweetheart." They each gave her hugs, similar frowns on there faces.
      Everyone else greeted each other while I got the twins out and grabbed our bags.
"We have some rooms set up so you can take a shower and Elizabeth is almost done with lunch." Bryan informed us as we went inside.
     "Thank you, for having us dad." Samantha smiled warmly.
"Hey this is my land now " Tyler complained good naturedly before ruffling up her hair. She sent him a glare before swatting his hand away.
"Of course." Bryan rolled his eyes at them "Brent, Alissa why don't you show the kids there rooms, while I talk to the adults and get more acquainted with my grand babies ?"
They appeared from the living room where you could hear the television from.
    "Course gramps, this way." Brent, an almost replica of Tyler, motioned for us to follow upstairs as I handed over the twins. They looked hesitant but I knew they would warm up to there great grandfather. We followed close behind , while Alissa walked beside me.
She unnerved me with the looks she kept sneaking at me.

     Brent showed Ashton, Bailey, Lance and Lindsey there rooms while Alissa showed Dante and Peyton(she was slowly being let into the group again though I was still hesitant ).
"Will you two be rooming together ?" She asked pointing between Ashley and I.
   "Yeah." I replied while she nodded and opened the door to reveal a medium sized room. It had creamy white walls with blue trimming. The sheets were a snowy white with blue throw pillows and blue curtains.
   "Alright get settled in, lunch should be ready soon." With one last look my way she closed the door behind us.
   Ashley immediately settled down on the bed, an exhausted look on her face.
I sat down on the floor and took off her sneakers.
"Damian really -" she began to protest till I sent her a look.
  "I saw you wincing when you were coming up the stairs, you're in pain and I know the massages help a little ."
  "They help a lot." She sent me a tender smile that made my heart quicken "Thank you,"
I waved off her off and continued or massage her feet.
After a while of massaging I stood up. She gave me a questioning look as I went into the adjoining bathroom.