Ch 38: Promposal

Ch 38: Promposal

Ashley:

"Has he asked you yet? " this from Raven who came skipping over, the coffee in her hand explaining her sudden energy at seven in the morning.
  "No." I grumbled.
I looked at the wall across from me in yearning. The masks stood out the most to me. Beautiful and so elegant.  This years prom would be amazing.
   The prom posters had been up already for nearly two weeks already. And all through out that two weeks I have seen promposal after promposal.

A week ago Dante had come to me for help on his promposal idea and the next day he asked, Peyton with a cute Mikey mouse and Minnie mouse sign that read "Mickey needs Minnie, and Tigger needs Pooh. And I need to go to Prom with you. ". She had said yes immediately.
  Aaron had dared ask me to prom and I felt guilty when I had to say no. Damian had gotten angry over that but eventually gotten over it. Ever since that day every time I would mention prom he'd find a way to change the subject.
  Ash had asked Bailey one night while we were all in the living room. He'd ordered pizza and once it had come in he'd handed the box over to Bailey nonchalantly. She had opened it to find a heart shaped pizza with the words prom and question mark spelled in pepperoni. She had flung herself at him and said yes.

So far the only one that hadn't been asked yet was Lindsey and I. Raven had said she wanted to go solo.
    "Has he asked you yet? " Raven turned to Lindsey as she walked up.
She had the same forlorn look as me.
"No." She pouted. "I mean c'mon prom is a month away and tickets stop selling in two weeks."
   "Don't worry you two, they'll ask you soon enough." Raven linked her hands with ours. This morning Bailey was with Ash and Peyton had decided to stay home with Dante.
   Just as we we're walking to first period a girl opened her locker and roses flowed out.
"Will you go to prom with me? " the human boy asked the girl.
  She nodded as she hugged him.

"Awww." I watched in envy.
   "Lucky." Lindsey scowled.
Raven rolled her eyes at me.
"C'mon you two." Then she led us away.
  By Friday I was about ready to pull my hair out with frustration. I started to wonder if I had done something wrong and Damian was regretting being with me.
   I raked my mind trying to think but nothing came to mind. I had told him immediately about the Aaron promposal, so that couldn't be it.

  I was to the point where I didn't even want to see Damians face so here I was in the library during lunch so I could avoid him. The girls had decided to join me.
   "Don't worry they'll ask." Bailey assured.
"Exactly that's what I've been saying for the past two weeks." Raven rolled her eyes as she scrolled down her phone.
  "Aww." She would say once in a while and look up innocently.
She knew she was doing that on purpose.
   By chemistry I was dreading even seeing him, but as soon as I walked in he wasn't there.
Where was he?  I kept wondering as the minuted ticked closer to the end of the day.

   I tried to mind link him but his mind was blocked.
I'd even asked Raven to try mind linking him but she said it was blocked to her as well.
By the time the bell rang  I was worried sick.
   "Have you been able to contact him? " Lindsey asked, coming up to me.
"No." I gnawed on my lip.
I was beyond worried by now.
   Raven nor Peyton we're no where to be found and none of the boys had their mind open.
There was a crowd forming and that caught my attention.

"What do you think is going on? " I asked Lindsey
"Probably another promposal. " she rolled her eyes.
  " You're  was probably right." I agreed.
But as we neared I realized something.
I couldn't find my car.
   "Where's my car? " I asked.
"Where's Lances? " Lindsey kept looking around.
"Those balloons are in the way." I grumbled at the balloon wall that seemed to block our cars.
The crowd was around our cars and in front.
   "Umm- do we just go through? " I asked, not so sure of what to do.
"What the hell, why not? " Lindsey shrugged and we made our way through the red and white balloons.

My mouth fell open as I spotted what was behind the balloons.
Damian and Lance stood in front of their cars, each holding the ends of a big sign.
     The sign read "will you go to prom with us? " while they brought out roses from behind them. Red and white roses.
  "So will you? " Damian said, with his smug smirk.
He wore his black and red football uniform, the #45 beaming white.
He knew I found him extremely attractive in his football uniform.
"What do you say babe? " Lance smirked.

We sure had some cocky mates.
Lance wore his football uniform as well his number 75.
  I looked at Lindsey and she looked at me.
"No." We said in unison.
  The shocked expressions on their faces were priceless.
   "Just kidding. " I laughed, tears streaming down my face. "Yes."
Then I ran up to Damian, flinging my arms around him. As our lips connected everything fell into place. I loved him. I loved him so much it scared me.

Not the best promposal but it's still cute in my eyes. I wish I had gone to my prom :'( Lol
I remember seeing all different kinds of promposals in school. & they we're all cute whether small or big. Its the thought that counts.
  Hope you enjoyed! 
-Allie_that_girl