Chapter 42: Prom Part 2

Ch 42: Prom Part 2
Damian in his tux ⬆️

Damian:

They didn't see me as I walked up, they were laughing at something Don had said.
Aaron had his arm around her waist, laughing right along with them.
Without a single word I walked away.
It was one thing to send Raven to ask for her ticket from me but another to bring another date.
I could hold in all my anger, but I knew myself better. If I set foot in that limo and saw Aaron touch my mate I'd beat the crap out of him.
So instead I just removed myself from the entire situation.

It hurt, it hurt really bad, but I didn't want to add salt to the wound.
I would let Ashley do what she wanted, but she would have to listen eventually. She had refused to speak to me for the past two weeks, blocking me from mind link and not replying to my texts.
She had to know that there was a reason I had no memory of that night. That I wasn't lying to try to save my ass. After they had kicked me out of the pack house and I had come to the realization that I wasn't going to lose Ashley without a fight, I went to go see the pack doctor Amy.

I had her run some blood tests on me to see if I had been drugged. It had been hell waiting those three days for the results but in the end it was worth it. Turns out that I had been drugged that night, with a sort of drug that she knew nothing of. So she spent the past week and a half researching it with still no results.
She told me that the drug was most likely the result of my memory loss that night.
But Ashley had refused to talk to me, even during Chemistry. She ignored me the majority of the time only speaking to me when needed. And even then she didn't look at me, she just stared down at the desk.

Dante, Lance and Ash would send me seething looks, minus Lindsey and Raven who spoke to me on occasion. Lindsey kept me updated on anything I should know. Peyton didnt even dare look at me, and for that I was grateful. I knew I'd go off on her and I didn't need the added stress to my plate.
Bailey of course stood by her mate, although she would send me cautious looks. Ash's table had decided to join Ashley's while I sat with my group far away.
The guys noticed how distant I had become and had persuaded me to go out to some parties. But even then, all that alcohol wouldn't take my mind off Ashley.

As I walked into my cabin, I yanked my bowtie off and threw it on the floor.
I hated Peyton with a passion, words could not explain just how much I wanted to see her life bleed out of her.
She had taken away what I held dearest to me, Ashley.
I missed her so much, I could barely function without her.
I had to remind myself everyday that there's always a bright side to everything. It was just very hard finding one in this situation.
The melancholy hung over me like a black cloud, relentless and dark.
I wanted Ashley back, I needed her back.

My wolf would whine and whine all day, begging me to fix things.
But now, he seemed to be giving up hope as well.
I laid in bed and looked at the electronic picture frame Ashley had gotten me. A few days after I had been kicked out, I had finally had the guts to open up the box. Inside I found this picture frame that contained so many pictures of Ashley and I. Of happier times together, laughing and kissing and loving. God, I loved her so much. I don't know how I ever thought of leaving her. Just being so near and not being able to touch her was killing me.
Somehow looking at these pictures, calmed me down some.

I looked around the cabin feeling the emptiness consume me. I hated this place, it felt so cold and empty.
I'd been thrown out like an unwaned dog, it made me feel worthless. And thats one thing I wasn't. I was an Alpha-to-be and people always respected me. But ever since I came here I was disrespected and pounded on.
Meeting and losing Ashley had made me into a shell of who I used to be.
I didn't like it.
The sky was beginning to darken outside with dark ugly clouds. A storm was headed our way.
I began to wonder what Ashley was doing. Was she having fun or was she missing me ? Had Aaron kissed her, put his hands on her ? The endless possibilities were killing me.