Chapter 9

Although Luke and Olivia had broken up, it didn't feel like they actually did. When they saw each other they hugged, liked they usually did and sat at their same lunch table. Olivia was thinking about their mutual break-up. 'Why did it not feel like they had actually broken up?' Then something occurred to her, she and him didn't make a huge deal. Maybe if she told the world that the had broken up it would feel more like a break-up. She also realized they should also have some space when she tells the world.

'Would it be mean to do it without him knowing? Well he would find out anyways. But still...'  She kept pondering her thoughts. Then she heard a horn outside. Taylor was probably outside ready to pick her up for school. She looked or her window. It was Taylor!

"Bye Mom! Bye Dad!" Olivia yelled as she walked headed out the door.

When she got in Taylor's car she told her everything.

"Wait, so Luke and Olivia are over? And you feel the need to make it public?"

"Ya. I don't know what I should do though. Like would it make Luke mad if I did that?"

"And Luke has liked Sophie from middle school this whole time?"

"Ya Tay. But what do I do about..."

"So my two best friends broke up and I'm just hearing about this now? Why?"

"Because we broke up on Friday when he gave me a ride home. I told him about Ethan and he told me about Sophie. Then we kind of had a mutual break up but I feel like it wasn't big enough to be a break up. I want one of us to feel bad and the other one then I want to feel sad. And lastly I want to have space."

"I wish you had called on Saturday or even after he left. But I understand. Ok I'll help you. This is going to be interesting, and kind of sad."

"With what? Nothing too crazy."

"Have you met me? I will be able to handle it."

"Okay..." Olivia trailed off as they pulled into the school parking lot.

Quick note:
This is not the end of the chapter but I realized that I promise you guys a chapter and I want you to be able to read on, so for now here is chapter 9. More of this chapter will be coming out. And I promise that you will have a real chapter soon. I'm not going to break this promise to you, this time. Sorry again for not updating, but I hope you all like this part!! Also I changed Ethan's character. He now plays lacrosse. It was also changed in Chapter 4, where originally Ethan was introduced playing soccer.

Here is the rest of Chapter 9:

Later in English class, Olivia and Ethan were talking about their project the due date was coming up fast. They only had a week left to finish up their project, by getting props and preparing for the performance. Olivia was thinking about telling Ethan, because she finally decided that she liked him and was ready for a new relationship. At least that what she thought. Maybe she should wait until after the performances to start a new relationship...with Ethan.

As they kept rehearsing Ethan got to the cloak of love line. "I have night's cloak to hide me from their sight; And but thou love me, let them find me here: My life were better ended by their hate, Than death prorogued, wanting of thy love."

"By whose direction found'st thou out this place?" Olivia said, then asked Ethan a question. "Wait, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, but you kind of already did." Ethan smiled at her.

"Haha. Very funny Ethan. But really... I just wanted to know if you wanted to come over to practice."

"Oh. Sure, except I'm busy today after school. I have Lacrosse practice. Maybe tomorrow?"

"I didn't know you played lacrosse." Olivia mused.

"Well, ya! I've been playing lacrosse since I was 10."

"That's actually super cool. I love soccer, but I've always had a secret. I've wanted to play lacrosse, but I usually play soccer, because I know more about it and have been playing for a while."

"Your joking right?"

"About what? I did want to play lacrosse last year, but I was already on the soccer team. My cousin plays lacrosse. I used to go to his games, but now he plays lacrosse at a college level, so I don't really get to see him all that often."

"Oh! Well, why don't you join the girls lacrosse team?"

"I've never played before. Plus I don't know anything except for what my cousin has told me."

"Well if you do decide to try out for the lacrosse team, I can give you a few pointers."

"Doth such a gentleman! Romeo. So sad to see thy go..." Olivia laughed.

"Now where were we." Ethan paused before reciting his next line. "By love, who first did prompt me to inquire; He lent me counsel and I lent him eyes. I am no pilot; yet, wert thou as far As that vast shore wash'd with the farthest sea, I would adventure for such merchandise."

"Another long monologue. Ready?" Olivia asked. "Thou know'st the mask of night is on my face, Else would a maiden blush be paint my cheek For that which thou hast heard me speak to-night Fain would I dwell on form, fain, fain deny What I have spoke: but farewell compliment! Dost thou love me? I know thou wilt say 'Ay,' And I will take thy word: yet if thou swear'st, Thou mayst prove false; at lovers' perjuries Then say, Jove laughs. O gentle Romeo, If thou dost love, pronounce it faithfully: Or if thou think'st I am too quickly won, I'll frown and be perverse an say thee nay, So thou wilt woo; but else, not for the world. In truth, fair Montague, I am too fond, And therefore thou mayst think my 'havior light. But trust me, gentleman, I'll prove more true. Than those that have more cunning to be strange. I should have been more strange, I must confess,But that thou overheard'st, ere I was ware,My true love's passion: therefore pardon me,And not impute this yielding to light love,Which the dark night hath so discovered."

"Wow!"

Olivia took a breath, then replied. "Ya. That was crazy long."

"I---"

Ethan was cut off by the bell that just rang.

"Alright students. Remember practice. That is your only homework. See you tomorrow." Mr. Brady said.