Chapter 79

I awoke in the morning to an exasperated sigh and the tapping of a shoe on the ground.  Confusion washed over me briefly before I registered the warmth of Harry’s back pressed into mine, his arm wound securely around my waist.  We must have fallen asleep without realizing; both of us were still fully clothed, cuddled together on top of his covers with nothing but each other to keep warm, which was more than enough. 

My eyes peeled open slowly, scared what I was about to find.  Anne stood in Harry’s room, hands clasped in front of her as she observed us, her expression different from the angry one I had expected.  Her face was set in a thoughtful expression, mouth twisted to the side and eyebrows pulled down as she eyed us curiously.  I dug my elbow into Harry’s ribs, waking him abruptly.

“Ow,” he grumbled into my ear before nuzzling his face into my neck.

“Harry,” I warned, my voice slightly tense causing him to open his eyes and see his mother standing there.  He jumped away, pulling his arms from around me and holding them in the air innocently.  He rolled away from me but casually pulled the covers over his lap, surely covering the solid bulge I had felt at my back when we had first woken up. 

“Mom what are you doing?” he asked, his deep voice filled with gravel from sleep. 

“Well I was just going to tell you I’m going to work but I see you have a visitor,” she said, her tone surprisingly amused for discovering me sleeping over.  I blushed as I sat up, pulling my knees to my chest and hugging my arms around them.

“I’m sorry, Anne, I honestly didn’t mean to sleep over,” I said honestly.  The last thing I remembered was kissing Harry and cuddling into him before I must have fallen asleep. 

She pursed her lips together and thought.  “It’s alright,” she finally said.  “I’m glad to see you both have all your clothes on,” she added, causing blood to rush to my face in embarrassment.  She laughed good-naturedly. 

“Oh my god, mom,” Harry grumbled, bringing his hand to his face to hide his blush.  “Stop.”

She just shrugged and smiled at us.  “And I know it’s not the first time.  You two aren’t as sly as you think,” she said, winking at us before leaving the room abruptly, leaving us both to sizzle in our embarrassment.

“You’re mother is going to give me a heart attack one of these days,” I said, letting a small giggle out as I leaned back into his chest.  He laughed gently and wrapped his arms around my torso, kissing my shoulder as he held me to his chest. 

“Me, too,” he said.  “I’m surprised how well she took that.”

“Helps that we weren’t naked,” I laughed, tilting my head to the side and kissing his jaw. 

“Definitely.”

“Are you busy today?” I asked him.

“Nope, why?”

“Will you help me with my application for school?” I knew he would be much better at that sort of thing that I would be.

“You haven’t done that yet?” he asked in surprise.  My heart jumped nervously in my chest. 

“No, I’ve been putting it off ‘cause I didn’t wanna think about going somewhere without you.  It’s not too late, is it?” Panic rushed through me, suddenly terrified I had missed the deadline and wouldn’t be able to go with Harry.

“No, but you should get it sent in the next few days to be safe,” he said, running his fingers soothingly down my side as he felt me tense up. 

“Okay,” I agreed.  He squeezed me one more time before he released me and climbed off the bed, crossing the room to his desk and opening his laptop.