Chapter 60

I could still feel the slight buzz from the alcohol coursing through my veins, but the effect seemed to have been easily masked by the immense pleasure and relief still surging through my body.  I lay on my side, head resting on Harry’s shoulder with my arm draped lazily across his torso as we both tried to catch our breath.  A light coat of sweat covered his skin, but I didn’t mind. 

My fingers traced lightly over his skin, raising goose bumps wherever my feathery light touch came into contact.  I smiled softly to myself, thrilled that I could elicit such a physical reaction from him with even the simplest of touches.  My lips pressed against his skin, leaving a kiss there before resting my head back down on his shoulder.

The music from the party was still pounding, making the room feel like it was almost vibrating.  Gleeful cheers sounded every few minutes, and there was a constant buzz from the chatter of people, but it was all a blur in the background, making no impression on me when I was with him.  It was simply there, an easily ignorable haze that lingered around our space.

“I love you,” I whispered again.  I felt like I could never say it enough.

“I love you, too, babe,” he replied.  His fingers stroked from the crown of my head, down my neck, and all along my spine before returning to the top and starting their journey all over again.   I kissed his skin again before propping myself up on his chest so I could look at him.  He looked extremely content, eyes happily staring back at me and a small smile playing on his red lips. 

“No, really.  I’m so in love with you, Harry.” I looked into his green eyes, feeing suddenly vulnerable as I bit my lip and waited for him to respond.

“Oh, Joey,” he said, smile spreading farther across his lips as he wrapped his fingers around the back of my head and pulled, bringing his lips to my forehead.  “I know, babe.  I can just feel it from you.”

I felt a sense of relief at his words; it was really important to me that he knows how much I love him.  It was like every fiber of my being yearned for him emotionally, physically, mentally, everything.  It wasn’t just that I loved him, I needed him.

“Yeah?” I asked softly, resting my lips on his chest as I looked up at him. 

“Yeah.  It’s like everything you do… it’s like you’re tethered to me.  Like you can’t be without me, even for the shortest amount of time or you go crazy.”  His fingers massaged through my hair as he spoke, and my heart pounded.

“That’s it exactly,” I said.  “How did you know?”

“I know because that’s exactly how I feel about you, babe, don’t you know that?” he said, his eyes burning into mine.  “If you don’t know how much I love you, I’m doing something wrong.”

I couldn’t stop the ridiculous grin spread across my face.  My heart felt like it was going to explode as I tried to catch enough breath to respond.  “You’re perfect at everything, Harry.  I know you love me,” I told him.  It was true.  Just as he said he could feel it from me, I could feel it from him. 

How could I not when everything he did was so wonderfully amazing?  He showed me all the time through his touches, his looks, his kisses, everything. There was no doubt in my mind that he loved me as much as I loved him.

“I’ve never been happier in my life,” I told him.  It probably sounded cheesy but it was one hundred percent true.  “Even after all the shit that’s happened… I’m the happiest I’ve ever been.”

“Babe you make me so happy, too.  I can’t tell you enough how much you’ve changed my life.  For the better,” he said softly, cupping my face in both of his hands now.  “God, I love you.”