Chapter Eight- Something horrible

I leave the three men in the cell and go in search of a particular man.

Despite popular theorizing between humans and wolves and alike, Vampires are not all bloodthirsty monsters and gruesome acts of violence.

I imagine though, any creature lower on a Vampires feeding chain might have a warped view.

The truth is most of them are downright human.

Emotionally and socially. The only true variation is in the physical.

So although many in the world may assume I am a product of my environment, that being brought up among Vampires has twisted me into what I am, they are wrong.

The point I am making, is that the man I am searching for is the only one of his kind, that is know to me. His interests are not common place. 

This man happens to enjoy power over others also. And he revels in inflicting pain. Things we have in common.

But for him, his interests are singular.

I travel on foot for twenty minutes. Having to leave the castle and further down the grounds, to the stables.

"Ruben." I call to the stocky, grey haired man, sitting on the ground in the horse stall. Legs stretched and arms crossed. "I have a task for you." He lazily lifts his brimmed hat from resting on his face.

"Well 'a see no one with ye." His gruff voice is always arduous on my ears.

He mentions towards the fact, that when I require his services I often bring to him a victim. Not once have I invited him into my dungeon. 

"No. You have to come with me for this one."

"He can nae leave the cell?"

I shake my head. "The task is more exhibition. To gather information from another. I am not entirely certain it will work, but you can have fun even if it does not."

He lets out a roaring laugh getting to his feet. "That 'a can."

A man of little words, Ruben asks no more questions. We both know what he is and what I want from him.

Reaching the open door cell Ruben takes in my works. A twisted smile prominent on his face.

While Henry looks ill at the sights, myself and the large beastly man are hardened, even amused by such a display. The new guard looks as if his legs may give way.

Doing as I instructed, Henry removes the gag. He avoids focusing his eyes on a single point. "Ma'am" He gives a nod of his head and steps out of the room.

"Henry." I call after him. He freezes. Even with his back facing me I can see fear in his outline. "You are not excused. Stand in the door, eyes this way." I point to the inside of the room. He  does as he is told, turning with a ghostly expression.

Still dangling from the metal frame, Mitchell hangs lifeless. I unshackle him and he drops to a pile on the floor.

"Put these on him," I toss the silver cuffs at the guard, he scuffles to catch them, looking a mess. "Then back to your point."

I saunter towards the Alpha pup giving him a harsh look, daring him to be difficult. 

"Benjamin. I would like to introduce to you, a friend of mine. He is a, well let us say a 'specialist'. He is here to help me, with your difficult case."

Behind me, Henry is cuffing Mitchell with his hands in front of him, as Ruben instructs. He then moves back to his instructed place, hands straight at his side, standing as a tin man.  A nervous expression consuming his face.