Chapter Two- The role I play

"Belle" A dark, powerful voice calls me as i exit the prison.

Leon. Prince Leon.

He stalks over to me. I harden my features as i face him. His dark, cold eyes burrow into mine.

"What did the mutt have to say?" He asks with venom. He stands tall, trying to exaggerate the height he already has over me.

"He said many things. None of which are for your ears, Prince." I respond letting my taunting, consume my voice.

His eyes show his rage for me.

I should be fearful while in Leon's presence. Everything about this man, screams threatening or dangerous. From his stance, his eyes, the Vampire power that radiates off him, to his voice and simple nature in which he conducts himself.

He uses these attribute to intimidate everyone he meets.

I am not so weak, though. And i understand the art of intimidation, far to well, to kneel in fear, before this brutish Prince.

Leon is powerful, no doubt. And if i were any one else i would probably have reason to fear, for my disrespectful actions. In fact many times he has expressed his want to chain me in the cells and take up the position, as my torturer.

Unfortunately for him, I am far to valuable for his wants.

He growls "You will answer me and tell me what he said!"

"One day when you are King, i will tell you all. But until such a time, I am certain your father sent you to get me, errand boy!" I mock.

Taunting Leon like this, is one of my most entertaining past times.

In the world we have today, Humans are the lowest, on the chain of command. To survive and be Human, means you need to find a way to be useful.

When i was young, i found a talent within myself. I realized i could watch people and see how they thought. I understood why they reacted and how they reacted. I learnt how to manipulate them.

I took my talent and i refined it.

The King discovered me and put me to work.

Initially, he had me find those who were unfaithful to him. Then i would force them to reveal all their secrets.

Now i have command over a vast number of people. I run the prisons and have free will with the prisoners.

I am respected and feared by most.

The fact that i have a position of power and that i have no fear towards him, infuriates Leon.

He lets his anger cause him to react. He snatches my wrist in his hand, clamping it tightly, inflicting pain.

I let him have his moment. I don't even flinch as he crushes my wrist. I simply hold his gaze, my face remaining strong.

"When i am King" he starts his threat, his voice like ice "you will suffer and scream for weeks with out end. Only once i have had my fill, will i sell you, as the slave you are. But not before burning out your eyes and cutting out your tongue."

"I look forward to it. For now, herald, your Father awaits." I smirk. Confidence and strength, accompany my words.

He stares me over, wanting to make his words a reality. I can see him think over his options. There are far to many consequences for his actions to take place, this he knows.

He releases my wrist and turns furiously storming through the palace to the throne room. I follow behind confidently.

It might be foolish to pursue the Princes hatred, but i have no concern.