Chapter Seven- More than one way.

"Stop!"

The voice I was looking for. I was beginning to fear that Benjamin might not intervene until I had completely peeled the skin from Mitchells back. Mitchell, who is covered in crossed strips of missing flesh.

"Something to add, Tate?" I probe him. He looks conflicted. An obviously painful situation for him. So I'll play on his emotions.

Below my blade is a short of breathe Mitchell. The gag and the pain are suffocating him slowly. I drag the knife into a raw part of his back. He screams, panting into the gag. His hands gripped so tight, his knuckles are whitening.

I slice down the length if his back, fresh blood flowing from the opening.  He is close to passing out. Being barley able to hold himself straight.

"Stop making me do this to him, please." I let a neediness into my voice. "If you tell me what I need to know, it can be over. Please, I dont want to do this to him." I beg at Benjamin, sounding sympathetic for Mitchells benefit.

I want Mitchell to unwittingly blame Benjamin for the source of his pain. That if only he would say one name, his punishment might end.

From his squirming and agitation, I think we might be close.

"Tate. Maydon." The Alpha pup whispers behind me.

He is on his knees. Finally. I can't stop myself from sighing outwardly. His head is lowered. Defeat radiating from him like heat from a flame.

I kneel down in front of him. His dark curly hair is hanging in his face. I brush it back with my palm, my skin against his. His sweat wetting my hand.

"You told me you were Tate Maydon. Are you trying to tell me that you are the Alpha?" He is silent. "No matter how powerful you are, you are not an Alpha. You clearly do not have the strength of a pack behind you. So I'll ask you again, Tate, what is the name of your Alpha?" I can see his jaw tense. He knows he has to give up his lie. Giving up what little control he had.

"Tate is the name of my Alpha." He admits through gritted teeth.

"How can I believe you? Whether you are telling me the truth now, or not, that means you have either lied before or are lying now. In either case you are a liar." I play innocence in my  question, seeing if I can get a further confession from him.

I am having a very pleasant time at this minute. Finally getting cooperation from him.

Benjamin lifts his head, his eyes meeting mine.

"I told you my name was Tate to see if you'd gotten any information from any of my pack." He says almost with pride of his own ruse.

Clueless little wolf. Feeling as if he had me tricked.

Never.

"Well if Tate is the name of your Alpha, maybe you would be so kind as to tell me your name?" There are a few seconds of silence. I can see Benjamin thinking over his options. His eyes break from mine, sparring Mitchell a concerned glare.

This is exactly where I want him.  Justifying his actions for the safety of Mitchell. Serving his own morality and protecting his fellow wolf.

"Benjamin." It takes a moment of control to hide my smile.

I am getting somewhere with him. I can start to break him down and gather true information.

"Benjamin." I say his name out loud for the first time. "Thank you for telling me your Alphas name." I stand cupping his face with my hand, my thumb stroking his cheek. He pulls away from my touch.