Maple Tree House

Hey guys! I might add the A/N at the top from now on. This chapter is a bit long (sorry) but I had to fit everything about Maple Tree House in it! (And some drama at the end) If you think this is a kiddie story, you're wrong because in the next chapter.... (drumroll) Sam grows up by seven years!!! Yeah, well, if you like it, vote, comment, and enjoy! Love you guys xxx :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ran up to the door, panicking. I didn’t have the keys… I racked my brains out until I remembered Charlie once telling me about a neighbour, Miss Bon, having the key to our house. Of course! I ran up to 12 Maisy Trelladone Way and banged on the door. To my surprise, an elderly lady opened it almost as soon as I had knocked.

“Yes? What’s the matter, sweetheart?” she croaked.

“Um, well, I am Samantha Ashbury, and you may have seen me playing around-”

“Ah, yes, I know you, you live in that new house don’t you? Do you know, I found a man dead in that house.”

“Yes, well - wait - what?” How was this possible? Did this mean that my house really was haunted? “Oh, right. Well, could I borrow the key for a second? I won’t be long, promise,”

“Hmm? Well, okay, I’m sure you aren’t going to steal it. Well, just pop it in my letterbox when you’re done.”

I thanked her, and ran back to my house. I put the key in the lock, and turned it. The door clicked, and I walked in. It was so cold compared to the dark night. I turned all the lights on, and began to look for some things. 

I chose:

A family photo album

Charlie’s laptop

My school clothes

Other clothes in a suitcase

My gold plated paperweight Dad got me

My make-up set I got for Christmas and the perfume Charlie got me 

Dad’s alarm clock

My Harry Potter books (Only the first three)

Dad’s wallet which had lots of cash in

Charlie’s wallet

My wallet

That seemed to be enough, so I lugged my suitcase and bag down the three flights of stairs and collected two keys from the kitchen, stopping to get an apple, two water bottles and a flower from the house plant we had. I took one last whiff of the place, and sprinted outside, locking the door and putting the key in Miss Bon’s letterbox.

I hopped back into the car, and it drove away. I heard that Maple Tree House was only about ten minutes away, so I would have to take the bus to get to school. Sandy Primary was near there, but I would have rather went to Incoveshire High Junior School. 

*

When we arrived, it was around eight o’ clock. The receptionist took my name and details, before picking up a phone and telling someone called Freya to come and show me around. I left my suitcase in reception, and followed a mid-twenties woman dressed in paper and glue around the house.

First we went to the living room, where all the main children were playing. I came across a little baby that laughed at me when I tripped over her chair. She looked so cute! I smiled at her, before carrying on the tour.

Then we got to the kitchen, where around a dozen chairs were parked around a high table. Through the kitchen was the ironing room, but more like the store room because there was so much clutter there. I picked my way through the many toy cars littered on the floor.