Calming the Storm

I watched the three Kings curiously. Their eyes had turned black with fury and their hands clutched the arms of their thrones tightly, almost snapping them in half.

Walking up the marble stairs cautiously, I sat in front of Aro's throne and laid a hand on his thigh, "Are you alright, Master?"

When he looked down at me, he had an animal like snarl on his face, but I could also see behind his gaze, a look of disappointment. "How could they have done this to you, mia Bella?" He moved his hand down to grip mine tightly, "Leave a defenceless human girl like that!"l

Shaking my head, I pulled away, "I may have been weak then, but no longer. I will not have you saying such things about me."

Aro looked down at me, shocked. I simply stared at him pointedly until he backed off. 

"But still, how can anyone be so cruel?" Aro cried.

Marcus stood from his throne and came and rested a hand on my shoulder, "If it pleases you, you and Edward were never true mates. True mates would never be able to leave one another in the manner that he left you, it would pain him to do so. Instead, my dear, you were simply his singer."

Shrugging his shoulder off, I stood and turned my back from the three brothers, "I realize that now, there is no need to remind me!"

"I'm sorry if I offended."

Cupping my cheek with my hand I answered absentmindedly, "I was not offended, master."

"Nevertheless," Cauis cut in, "The Cullens cannot get away with this! Bella is one of us now and we must make an example of that!"

Turning back around, I watched Caius carefully.

Aro snorted and looked at his brother in amusement, "Tell us brother, what do you have in mind? We can hardly do much seeing as dearest Alice will know that we are on the move almost straight away." 

"I do not know! But something must be done."

"Until we can think of something to do, we cannot do anything brother! As much as I hate to admit it, the Cullens are strong."

"Yes, but brother-"

"Caius!" I said sharply, "We'll think of something."

Watching him as he slowly settled back into his throne, I gave a nod of satisfaction.

"The Cullens think that I'm safe back in Forks, but I'm sure that they'll soon realize that I'm no longer there. Alice will probably like to do small checkups on me. They may end up coming here willingly in the end."

Aro scanned my face, deep in thought, "This is true Isabella. They may also seek revenge, out on my brothers and I and the rest of the Coven too."

"Well, teach me how to defend you then. They won't harm you if they know that I want to protect you."

Marcus smiled at me and turned back to Aro, "I think that Bella has a point brother."

Feeling Aro's calculating gaze on me, I turned my attention from Marcus to him. Raising my eyebrows, I watched him carefully.

"Yes, I must say that I agree. We must also invite our old friend Eleazar here. He can evaluate young Bella and tell us her power and her strengths."

Smiling widely at Aro I skipped up towards his throne and pressed a kiss to his cheek, "Thank you master!"

Chuckling, he motioned Felix and Demitri forward, "Felix, Demitri. Take young Bella to the training room, show her everything you know. I believe that she will learn quickly.

Turning around and practically skipping out of the throne room, I let out a small laugh of excitement.

"Good luck, Isabella." I heard Marcus mutter just before the doors slammed closed behind us.

With that we were dismissed, and I was on my way to be trained by some of the best around.