Chapter 6: The Murder

Okasa: Mother

*********************************************************************************************************

Chapter 6: The Murder

"So, where are you from?" Ayumi asked Takumu. "Ah, my family and I moved around a lot." Takumu said. "My parents finally decided to leave me with a family friend so that I could stay in one place for a while." "What do your parents do?" Genta asked. "They were famous artists." Takumu said. "Museums all over the world want to buy their paintings. We've been everywhere." "Sukoy!" The three Detective Boys breathed in amazement.

"Is that so?" Conan glared at Takumu. This was the first time he'd spoken since morning. "Where are you originally from?" "Oh, I was actually born in Japan." Takumu wavered into Conan's gaze. "I see." Conan looked bact down at the ground.

"I don't think I can walk much further." Genta stopped, taking a moment to catch his breath. "That's because you're fat and lack exercise." Mitsuhiko said. "Let's take a bus." Haibara said, arms folded across her chest as usual. "The mansion is too far to walk to." "Good idea." Mitsuhiko nodded. They stopped at a bus station just as a bus parked in front of them. They took their seats in the back.

"Everytime I ride a bus, it reminds me of the bus-jacking." Ayumi shivered. "Me too." Mitsuhiko said. "Bus-jacking?" Takumu said questioningly. "Ah, you see, one day we were on a bus. There were some people who put bombs in the bus and took over. It was scary." Genta said.

They all shivered at the memory of the case.

"Let's get off at the next stop." Mitsuhiko said. "It isn't too far from the mansion." "Hai." Everyone else chorused.

The bus rolled to a halt. The Detective Boys filed off of the bus and continued walking.

"Here we are." Mitsuhiko said. The mansion came into view. "Ah! Kogoro-san is here!" Ayumi exclaimed. The group noticed Kogoro's car parked in front of the mansion. "Of course he is. He was asked to come." Conan scoffed. "But we weren't asked to come."

"Maybe Conan-kun's right." Mitsuhiko said doubtfully. "But it's all right if we go say hi, right?" Genta said. "Genta's right!" Ayumi nodded. "Then, let's go!" Mitsuhiko said. "Hai!" They chorsued and ran towards the mansion. Takumu doubtfully ran behind them, Conan and Haibara walking in the back.

"What do you brats think you're doin here?!" Kogoro cried. He raised his fist in the air and waved it at them. "We're here to help with the case." Mitsuhiko saluted. "Go home!" Kogoro cried. "Oh, it's fine." Chiyoko appeared. "The more the merrier. Besides, these kids seem pretty bright. Who knows? Maybe they'll be helpful." "Hai!" The Detective Boys said.

"It's already bad enough this detective came." Hachiro scowled. "I'm going up to my room." He left.

"Taku." Conan and Haibara sighed. "Are they always like this?" Takumu asked. "Pretty much." Haibara replied.

"He's not so child-like." Conan thought. "Demo, it could just be a resemblance. No, he seemed to recognize me."

"Why are you here, Ran-neechan and Sonoko-neechan?" Mitsuhiko asked, suddenly noticing the two girls. "Oh, I came with dad after school." Ran said. "Sonoko tagged along."

"Who's this?" Ran spotted Takumu. "Ah, this is Takumu! Ayumi said. "He's new at school. We asked him to come along." "I see." Ran smiled. "I'm Mouri Ran. Nice to meet you." '"Nice to meet you." Takumu said politely.

"Another brat to annoy me." Kogoro grumbled.

"Eh? Where's Saya-san?" Genta asked, looking around. "You're right!" Ayumi gasped. "She's not here!" "She's taking a shower." Chiyoko said. "Oh," Mitsuhiko said. "Let's go explore! This is huge!" Ayumi said. "Good idea!" Mitsuhiko and Genta chimed. They ran off.

"Taku. Those brats." Kogoro grumbled. "Oto-san, they're just kids!" Ran frowned. "They love exploring!" "Whatever." Kogoro sighed.

"What's in the room?" Genta opened a door nearby. "Ah, no, thats-" Chiyoko warned.

The three Detective Boys peered inside. Ryuu was sitting a desk, working. He looked up in surprise. "Ah! It's Ryuu-san!" Genta exclaimed. "He doesn't like being disturbed while working." Chiyoko rushed forward. "You brats!" Kogoro growled. "Gomenasai." The three apologized, heads bowed. "Oh, that's ok." Ryuu smiled. "You guys can be annoying." Sonoko said. The kids glared at her.

"Why do you need so many pencils?" Ayumi observed a large pencil case full of pencils neatly stacked with erasers and pens set off to the side. "Ryuu-kun actually works for my father." Chiyoko explained. "He's one of his best employees. Now, let's get out so he can work." "Hai." They said and left.

The Detective Boys began exploring elsewhere. Suddenly, they heard a loud crash and objects rolling across the floor. "Ryuu?" Chiyoko got up. The sound had come from his office. "Daijo-" "I just dropped my pencil case." Ryuu interrupted. "I'm fine." "Oh, ok." Chiyoko sat back down.

Chiyoko began to blink rapidly, then held her eye. "Ah, sumemase. My contacts are bothering me. I'll be right back." She left.

She came back a few minutes later. "What's taking okasa so long? She should be done by now!"

"You're right." Ran said with worry. Ryuu walked out of the room. "What's wrong?" "Okasa isn't here yet." Chiyoko said. "I'm gonna go up and see if she's all right." Chiyoko went up.

A few minutes later, they heard a terrified scream.

"Chiyoko-chan!" Ryuu jumped up. "What's wrong?"

No response. The group ran upstairs.

A door was slightly open. They ran inside. "What's wrong Chiyoko-" Ryuu trailed off, eyes wide in horror.

Chiyoko was on the floor, shaking as she pointed at a limp, still body, a knife impaled in her back. A pool of blood surrounded her. Ran and Sonoko screamed. Ayumi gasped and looked away.

"S-Saya-chan!" Hachiro stammered. "Saya-chan!" Hachiro began to run towards his wife. "Don't move!" Kogoro shouted. He approached the body and checked her pulse. He closed his eyes and shook his head.

"No way..." Ryuu trailed off. "Saya..." Hachiro fell to his knees. "Who? Who did this?" Chiyoko began to sob.

"Regardless, call the police." Kogoro said. "H-hai!" Ryuu rushed away. "The police?" Hachiro stared at Kogoro besides his wife's body.

"This is a murder case." Conan said. "Nani?" Everyone in the room was shocked. "Do you think it wad the stalker?" Takumu questioned.

"That's a possibility." Conan glanced at Takumu. Takumu shrunk under his cold stare.

Conan noticed something small near the body. "What's that?" He wondered and knelt down besides it. It was a small, clear piece of something. He took a handkerchief out of his pocket and picked it up. "Rubber?" He examined it.

He was suddenly lifted into the air and tossed out of the room. "Don't mess around!" Kogoro snarled.

Conan rubbed his head and stood up, lost in thought. "It looks like the wound was fatal. The killer could be the stalker, but then why would the stalker go after Saya instead of Hachiro? Unless..."

He turned around and faced the three other people who lived in the mansion; Akiyama Hachiro, Akiyama Chiyoko, and Nogushi Ryuu. Three suspects.

"Unless on of these three is the culprit." Conan thought, glaring at them. "The culprit who murdered Akiyama Saya."