Chapter 4: The Case that Brought Tears

Again, nothing to say.

Demo: But

Gomen/Gomenasai: Sorry

Sukoy: Amazing, whoa, all that

Sumemase: Excuse me, pardon me, sorry to bother you

Ano: Um

Arigato gozimasu: Thank you very much

nicchan-older brother, boy

*****************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 4: The Case that brought Tears

"Konichiwa(hello, duh),Ran-san! Sonoko-san!" Ayumi called out.

The Detective Boys were on their way home. Conan turned around. Ran was walking towards them in her school uniform with her friend Suzuki Sonoko. She belonged to the family of the Suzuki Financial group, but was actually quite an easygoing girl. Conan even used her a few times to solve cases by knocking her out like he did often with Kogoro oji-san.

"Hey, brats." Sonoko smiled. "Again with "brats." Conan sighed and shoved his hands into his pockets. "Maybe you guys will cheer up Ran." "Huh?" What's wrong with neechan?" Genta asked. "It's nothing." Ran said. "Ne, would you guys like to come over for dinner? I'll be making curry." "Really?" Ayumi beamed. "We'd love that!" "Hai!" Genta and Mitsuhiko agreed.

Conan grunted. He wasn't in the mood for these kids to come over. "What's wrong, Conan-kun?" Ran asked. "Do you not want your friends over?" Sonoko said in her usual teasing voice. "Ah, yah, that's not it at all!" Conan sweat dropped.

"How rude!" Genta shouted angrily. "Do you not want us to come, Conan-kun?" Ayumi looked hurt. "Do you think we are a nuisance or something?" Mitsuhiko piped up. "No, no, no." Conan said quickly. "O-of course I want you guys to come!" "Well, not really." He thought haughtily.

"Then let's go!" Ran said. "You can call your parents to make sure they're all right with it when we get there." "Hai!" The Detective Boys cheered. Haibara and Conan just sighed and looked away.

"You brought the brats!" Mouri Kogoro scowled as soon as Ran arrived with the Detective Boys. Sonoko had gone home, since she was supposed to have a family dinner tonight.

"Don't be so mean, oto-san!" Ran scolded. "Taku." Kogoro huffed and returned to watching his favorite idol, Okino Yoko, on TV, as he usually did. "I'll start making the curry." Ran said and went to the kitchen.

"Let's get our homework over with." Ayumi said. "Good idea." Mitsuhiko said.

But as soon as they finished their homework, Kogoro received a call. "I have to go." He announced as soon as the phone call was over. "I have a client." "Nani? But what about dinner?" "I'm going to have to skip." Kogoro grunted. "Ooo, a case!" Ayumi jumped up. "Can we go?" Genta asked. "Nani?! I can't bring a bunch of brats to work!" Kogoro growled. "Oh, please?" Mitsuhiko pleaded. "We haven't had a case in a while." "I wanna see you and your fabulous detective skills, oji-san!" Ayumi beamed. "Nice touch there." Conan thought.

Kogoro looked smug. "Hmmm....I guess it's all right." He finally said. "As long as you brats don't annoy me or get in the way." "Hai!" The Detective Boys said solemnly. "Like they'll listen." Conan sighed.

"But what about dinner?" Ran asked. "Gomenasai, can we eat as soon as we get back?" Mitsuhiko asked. "I guess that's all right." Ran said. "Fine. I'm coming with you."