Chapter 3: Dread

Nothing to say. So, moving on!!!!!

Oneesan: Older sister, girl (girl) neechan is for boys to say

*****************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 3: Dread

"Conan-kun!"

Conan turned around and sighed. A group of kids were running towards him.

They were his new classmates; Kojima Genta, Tsuburaya Mitsuhiko, and Yoshida Ayumi. Walking slowly behind them was a brown-haired girl, her calm face showing little care.

They had formed a group called the Detective Boys and had forced Conan to join. They often helped solve actually cases. Agasa Hakase had even them Detective badges to keep in contact. Sometimes they were a little annoying and stuck up, but Conan had growed attached to them.

The brown-haired girl was Haibara Ai. She used to be part of the Black Organization and created Apotoxin 4869. Her real name was Miyano Shiho, codename Sherry. But when the Organization killed her sister Miyano Akemi, she rebelled against them. In order to escape, she took the same poison Shinichi had and was found by Agasa. She currently lived with him now.

Conan had actually been there when Haibara's sister had died during a case. He had made it too late. It was a little before he met Haibara, who revealed to Conan that the woman he'd witnessed dying was her sister.

"Ohayo, Conan-kun!" The girl, Ayumi, smiled and waved. "Ohayo, Ran-oneesan!" "Ohayo!" Ran waved back. "Go ahead, Conan-kun. I'll see you back after school." "Hai!" Conan caught up with his friends.

The three Detective Boys walked ahead while Conan and Haibara tagged behind. This was how it usually was. The kids were chatting excitedly while Conan and Haibara quietly talked.

"She seems cheerful." Haibara observed. Conan glanced back at Ran. "Yeah," "Too cheerful." Haibara added. "Huh?" Conan said in confusion. Haibara sighed. "It's obvious she's acting. She's trying to cover her true feelings." Conan humphed and turned away.

Haibara smirked. As usual, Kudo-kun had zero sense when it came to a girl's feelings.

Time skip to Teitan Elementary, Class 1-B

"Ne, I heard that there's gonna be a new boy in Class 1-D!" Ayumi said. "Oh, yeah, I heard!" Genta nodded. "So many new students." Mitsuhiko mused. "Conan-kun, Haibara-san, and others." "Maybe this new kid will become a new member of the Detective Boys!" Ayumi cried. Genta and Mitsuhiko nodded in agreement.

"These kids." Conan sighed as he set his backpack down on his desk and unpacked his books. "They forced me to join. I feel sorry for this new kid."

Conan was just about to sit down when a cold feeling spread throughout his body. A bad feeling crept through him.

"What are you thinking about?" Haibara's voice snapped him back to reality. "Huh?" Conan stared at her. "Why do you think I'm thinking about something." "You have on that "thinking" face of yours." Haibara said. "Thinking face?" Conan huffed. "Don't think you know people so well." "Someone's grumpy." Haibara mused. "Shut up." Conan said sharply. Haibara was slightly tacken back by his tone.

"All right! Class is about to start!" Kobayashi-sensei entered the room. "Please go to your seats!" 'Hai!" The class chorused.

Conan sat down in his chair.

"Let's review our multiples of 3!" Kobayashi-sensei chimed. "Hai!" Everyone shouted.

By the time they were on 3 x 3 is 9, Conan had already zoned out. Being a first-year when he was really in his second year of high school bored him. He got the highest scores in his class.

He looked out the window. Ran was probably at school, as bored as him. But deep down, she was sad. Sad because he wasn't there.

*********************************************************************************************************

FIN