Chapter 1: Forgotten Memories

I started watching Detective Conan ever since one night when I suddenly thought about the Conan show I used to watch when I went to Korea (cept it was in Korean). So I looked it up, watched it, and fell in love with it. So now I'm making a fanfic! Here it goes!

(And if you don't know it, it's about a 17 year old high school detective name Kudo Shinichi, Jimmy Kudo in english but I watch it in Japanese with subs and prefer english terms, who witnesses a mysterious transaction of men in black. One of the men sneak up behind him and knock him out. They test a new poison on hims and leave him to die. But instead, he was shrunk down into a 7 year old kid! He has to live with his childhood friend Mouri Ran and her father, a private detective named Mouri Kogorou. He is hunting down the Black Organization, the people who poisoned him, while trying to live as a kid. Also, I will be using some Japanese terms, like it's in Japanese but with english subs. That's how I like it.)

AND REMEMBER ALL RIGHTS RESERVED!!! I DO NOT OWN DETECTIVE CONAN/CASE CLOSED OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT!!!!!!!

Here we go!!!!!

*********************************************************************************************************

Chapter 1: Forgotten Memories

Six years ago....

"Ne, what are you doing?"

A ten year-old boy with blonde hair and green eyes had snuck up on a eleven year-old boy with black hair and blue eyes at an old factory.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" The black-haired boy hissed. "Baka! You'll get us in trouble!" The blonde one cried. The other ignored him.

"Did you follow me or something?" The boy with dark hair scowled. "Of course." The blond-boy scoffed.

"There they are!" The black-haired boy pointed at the tough-looking adults gathered in the building. "C'mon." "No way! We'll get killed!" "Fine." The black haired boy shrugged and started to go in but the other grabbed him. "No, I'm going with you." "D-doushitte?" The black-haired boy blinked.

"Because," The blond boy smiled sadly. "We promised to protect each other, right? To be next to each other all the time, no matter what." "D-demo-" The black-haired boy stuttered. "Let's go." The blond boy ran ahead. Worry showed in the black-haired boy's eyes, but he followed.

"I told you that you shouldn't mess with me." A man in a trench coat with a had concealing his face growled at another scared-looking man bound to a chair. Both boys shivered at the sight of the evil man from behind a pile of cardboard boxes.

"Now, I'll give you one more chance." The man growled. "Give-it-to-me." "Never!" The bound man cried. The other man smiled wickedly. "Then good-bye."

"They're going to kill him!" The blond-haired boy cried. "I know." The black-haired boy grimaced. "I need a better look-"

Suddenly, the boy tripped. He knocked into the boxes, sending them to fly all over. The blond boy managed to back away behind a pole, but the other landed in plain sight.

All the women and men in the room stared straight at him. The boy stared at them in pure terror. "Hello, boy." The man who'd been talking to the hostage grinned. "How nice to see you."

The boy was frozen in terror. So was the other, who was still hiding. "Spying on us, are you?" The man said. "You need to learn to behave." "You're the one who needs to learn." The boy spat.

The boy hiding stared at him in shock. "Barou! What are you doing?!"

They caught each other's eyes. ""Run." The black-haired boy pleaded. "NO!" The blond boy clenched his fist. He couldn't leave him here alone! They had a promise!

"Watch your mouth, brat!" The man growled. "I've left you alone for long enough." He slowly reached into his coat. The black-haired boy gulped. The blond one's eyes widened.

"He's got a..."

In the man's hands was a piece of sleek, black metal. A gun.

"It's about time I got rid of you." The man spat. "Where's the other?" "He's not here." The boy scowled. "He should be. I thought you two brats always stuck together. Well," The man raised the gun. "I guess I'll have to start with the more annoying one." His finger slowly pressed down on the trigger. The boy squeezed his eyes shut, waiting for the shot.

"NO!" The blonde-haired boy cried, jumping out of his hiding spot.

"So, you really are here." The man snarled. "Tie them up. I'll have them die with the other."

The man's colleagues grabbed the two boys and tied them on chairs back to back with the other man. "It's time for us to leave." The man in the coat smiled. "It was nice knowing you, boys." And with that, they were gone.

"They're just gonna leave us here?" The blond-haired boy blinked in confusion. "No," The man tied with them said. "They left a-"

"Bomb." The dark-haired boy finished. "Nani?!" The blond boy cried. "How do you know?"

"There was something in his coat pocket. Most likely the remote to start the bomb." The boy with black hair explained. "Also, he wants us dead. No way he'll leave us here where we could escape and live. He'd want to get rid of us quickly. A bomb is the only way."

"Where is it? Maybe we could defuse it!" The blond boy looked around.

"He blindfolded me while he hid the bomb so that I couldn't find it." The man said grimly. "He probably hid it in a place we can't reach, just to be sure." "Most likely." The black-haired boy's eyes shadowed. "So, this is it?" The blond haired boy said sadly.

"Don't talk like that." The black haired boy scolded. "But, what can we do?" The blond boy wailed. "We can't find the bomb, and we're tied up. There's no way out of this."

"There's always a way." The dark-haired boy wiggled until he managed to pull something shiny out of his pocket. A pocket-knife.

"Where'd you get that?" The blond haired boy said in astonishment. "I wasn't going to come here without protection." The black-haired boy began cutting away at the ropes binding them.

"Hurry! I'm guessing we have about two minutes!" The man cried. "Kusso." The black haired boy thought in frustration. He began cutting faster.

A minute later, they were free. "One more minute! The man shouted. "Let's get out of here!

Suddenly, there were small booms. The building shook slightly. "He must have planted some mini bombs too!" The dark-haired boy cried. The blond boy wailed. The black-haired boy turned around. He was stuck under a pile a of crates. They must've fallen on him due to the small explosions.

"Kusso!" The black-haired boy struggled to pull the other boy out of the pile of crates. The man tried helping, but it was no use. They crate were too heavy, and the boy might've broken some bones.

"Go!" The trapped boy cried. The building was already beginning to crumble.

"Nani? No way!" The other boy shouted angrily. "You wouldn't be in this mess if it weren't for me!" The building shook. "Thirty seconds!"

"It wouldn't be good if both of us were dead." The blonde-haired boy smiled sadly. "Then who'd annoy those bad guys?"

"Rokuro..."The black-haired boy said softly. "I love you, Akihiro." Rokuro whispered. "Now, GO!" He pushed Akihiro away.

"No!" Tears were forming in Akihiro's eyes. "We have to go!" The man pulled Akihiro away. "Rokuro!" Akihiro. Rokuro gave him one last smile, mouth "good-bye," and waved farewell. Akihiro mouthed good-bye. But then the building exploded before they reached the exit.

Akihiro and the man were somehow saved, pushed outside by the force of the bomb explosion and flying crates, boxes, and debris. Akihiro felt tears streaming down his face, thinking about Rokuro before all went black.