Chapter 2: Nightmares

Well, here comes our main characters! Enjoy!!!!!

Daijobou: I'm fine, it's all right, etc.

Ohayo: Good Morning

Nani: What

Oi, ne: Hey

Hai: Yes, ok

Nemuri: Sleeping

Hakase: Proffessor

Taku (u pronounced like eu): Jeez

Baka/Barou: Idiot/Stupid

Kusso: Dammit

-kun: Used for boys younger or friends (not so sure about this kinda stuff)

-chan: Used for girls younger or friends

-neechan: Older sister, girl

-ojii-san: Uncle

Oto-san: Father

Sensei: Teacher

Tantei, Metantei: Detective

***************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 2: Nightmares

"It's been a while." A man with long, silver hair wearing a black trench coat and hat grinned evilly. He pointed a gun at a small boy with dark hair and large glasses. A boy in disguise. "Kudo Shinichi."

They were in a dark alley. The boy stood with a grim, angry expression, staring up at the two men in front of him.

"Gin. Vodka." The boy growled. "He knows so much." Vodka, the buff man who was also in black stood beside him. "To think that you've been living as a child all this time." Gin smirked. "Let's finish what we started.

"Conan-kun? Are you there?" A girl's voice called out of nowhere. "Ran!" The boy panicked. Footsteps approached them. A tall shadow of a girl came into a view.

"But first..." Gin pointed the gun at the girl. "Let's start with your girlfriend." "No, Ran!" The boy screamed in dismay. "Run away! Go!"

But she didn't seem to hear him. "Conan-kun! Where are you?" The girl shouted. "Conan-kun!"

"So good-bye to your precious girl, tantei-san." Gin pushed the trigger.

"Shinichi!" "Ran!"

"Conan-kun!"

(This scene is like the one from Detective Conan Movie 13, Raven Chaser, but remember I don't own Detective Conan anime, manga, movies, characters, and all that!!!!)

A boy with black hair woke up panting. His blue eyes were wide, staring up at the ceiling. He sighed. "Just a nightmare. Hopefully." He glanced at the man snoring besidie him. "Taku, oji-san can sleep through anything." The boy thought.

"Conan-kun!" The boy jumped. "Hurry up! You'll be late for school!"

"Hai!" He rushed into the bathroom and began getting ready for the day.

Edogawa Conan looked like a reguar seven-year old boy. But really, he was Kudo Shinichi, a famous high-school detective. One day, he went to Tropical Land with Mouri Ran, the girl who had just been calling him, who was his childhood friend. He saw knocked out while focusing on a transaction. The men in black had fed him Apotoxin 4869, a poison that had been meant to kill him. But instead, he was shrunk into the body of a 7-year old. He used one of his dad's glasses as a diguise. He took them off and studied them. They were the only thing that stood between him and his true identity. The line between Edogawa Conan and Kudo Shinichi.

Shinichi had moved in the Ran to find out more about the men in black, he father being the famous detective Mouri Kogoro. Well, he was renowned thanks to Shinichi. He used his tranquilizer watch and voice changing bow tie to knock out the detective and use his voice to solve cases without being suspected. After all, he had the appearance of a kid. That's how Mouri Kogoro earned the name Nemuri Kogoro. Most people thought it was because it looked as if he were sleeping when he solved cases, but Conan new the real reason.

These inventions, along with others, were made by Agasa Hakase, one of the only people who knew Edogawa Conan's true identity. He had made them to help the shrunken Kudo Shinichi solve cases more easily.

Conan slipped on a red sweater and shorts. He slipped on his power-enhancement sneakers, another one of Agasa Hakase's inventions. They were designed to power Conan's kicks, used when Conan needed defense, since he was stuck in a small body. It came with a belt that inflates a soccer ball by the push of button. Conan was skilled with these, since he played soccer since he was little as Shinichi.

Conan sighed. He wondered if he'd ever get back his true form. Pretending to be a kid was tiring. Plus, he was making Ran wait for him, breaking her heart.

He was also shaken by his dream. Gin and Vodka were part of the Black Organization, a cruel group of assasins and other evil people. They were the ones who did all this to him. And he wouldn't stop until every single part of the organization was crumbled to bits.

He walked into the kitchen, lost in thought. "Ohayo, Conan-kun!" Ran smiled cheerfully down at Conan, her beautiful blue eyes sparkling. "Uh, um, Ohayo, Ran-neechan?" "Daijobou, Conan-kun?" Ran asked worriedly. "You seem a bit down." Ah, yah, it's nothing." Conan pretended to act bright. But how could he? Deep down, Ran was sad, a scar left inside her heart. And it was because of him.

While Conan and Ran ate breakfast, Mouri Kogoro walked in and gave a big yawn. "Ne, oto-san, hurry! We already started eating!" "Don't rush me!" Kogoro snapped. "You should'nt have gone out late drinking last night!" Ran scolded. Conan sighed. It was always like this at the Mouri Detective Agency. Mouri Kogoro often drank too much. Ran did all the housework, since Mouri Kogoro and his wife, Eri (don't remember last name), lived seperately.

"Don't you have a client soon?" Ran continued. "Hai, hai." Kogoro began to eat. "Taku." Ran sighed. Then she took Conan's hand. "Come on, Conan-kun, let's get to school." "Hai!" Conan walked outside with her. They often walked to school together until they would seperate.

"By the way, you were really smart yesterday." Ran beamed. "Eh?" Conan blinked. "During that case, your were so smart!"

"Ah, well, oji-san teaches me a lot, hehehe." (in the anime, his eyes would become small dots and he'd have a weird smile). Yesterday, there had been a murder at a restaurant. It wasn't too hard, but Conan might've talked a little too much. He did that often, his big mouth blabbing off about stuff a seven-year old boy wasn't supposed to know. But he couldn't help it. He was a detective.

Still, he had to be careful. If anyone found out he was Kudo Shinichi, they'd be in grave danger. The Black Organization thought Kudo Shinichi was dead, after feeding him Aptx (short for apotoxin)4869. If they found out, they'd kill everyone he knew and loved while trying to get to him, including Ran.

If Ran or anyone else got hurt because of himself, he'd never forgive himself.

Never.

**************************************************************************************************************

Yeah, I know, not that good. But I just love Detective Conan like I love Percy Jackson!!!!!