Rain Like Rocks

One summer evening the sunshine disappeared and clouds appeared almost instantly.

This was a storm no one was expecting.

For in the land of the horses this all seemed unworthy of reality.

When the people noticed that something bad was to come, it was far too late to save the horses.
For water crept up. Adding on. People scrambling to grab horses.

Trailers buried in flood waters. Currents too risky and boats unsturdy.

This was a disaster that was far from kind for the wind was strong like bullets against skin and the rain beat down like rocks hitting everyones side leaving harsh marks where they lay upon.

The horses must hate being trapped. Most unable to survive as there were many newborn foals...there future would not be full of happiness but a future of no where. A future that would never happen because of this storm.

Now I may be playing on my words...but im serious when I say how important this storm was. It changed views on people and may even have been worse than the oh famous hurricane Katrina. Their was one huge difference for Katrina was a hurricane and this was far from it. It was caused by an over amount of rain at one time. All rushed into this horse valley in under 1 hour.

Such a shock and such little time for escape.

The news even had no sign on this upcoming and deadly storm.

The worse thst could happen now would be that a tornado would come but thats highly unlikely in a area such as this. Then again this is a storm the worse far seen by these people. For this land was dry and it rained enough to keep the grass growing but it never rained this much in a whole month alone. Im guessing that's what shocked these loving horse people.

They flooded the waters gather horse by horse. But as hours turned into days these horses that used to be show horses became weaker and weaker. Barely able to hold themselves up in the water. Chins touching the water just barely and horses struggling left and right. This was a nasty sight...no horse lover wants a horse to be in soo much pain and soo weak. The hope for rain to stop was now a need. If they got more rain...then the horses and humans would all be doomed. For the weather had been unkind that summer month.

The rain did not stop until a week later. Soo much rain flooded. Humans only able to save 3 horses out of 300. Such a strange and Sad event. Foals had died and were floating. Pregnant mares dead as well...some hours or days from giving birth to a foal. Now chances of a foal were none.

Only one of the pregnant mares were saved...that one was a great champion. Bred to a famous stallion. Bred for jumping. When they found dry land she stumbled to her feet....tired and so weak that she couldnt stand on her bare aching feet.
This is a story of a unlikely tale about the 3 survivors and what was to come.

Im trying something new. What do you think?

If you enjoyed feel free to comment and give it a vote. Have a blessed day everyone!