Road to Recovery

I don't think we went over the horses name and color and breed but in this chapter we will.

A week had passed since the horses were rescued. 4 of the horses passed.

One of the horses was found with bad teeth, and he couldn't chew. His fate is still unknown.

The three survivors are going to be four once this week is done. The new foal was projected to be born in 2 days, which is not a whole lot of time to get the mares weight up. They will try their hardest to help her though.

The foal that was with them was tested, she was a past halter show filly. Winning tons of shows. Unfortanly, her owners left the country and abandoned her on the road. She was almost ran over by a truck, but was pulled off the street by a horse lover. The one who died from the floods.

The other horse was a gelding, or sooo they thought. He turned out to be a stallion, no wonder he had such a hot temper when one of the mares came into heat. They had to put up a stallion fence and also at the top they had to put in a electric fence. That fixed the problem. Unfortanly one dark night the stallion got out and reached the road. He faced a death no one expected, he was found in the street at night. Dead. The person to blame for this accident was a volunteer who didnt lock his paddock and when he pushed open the door while he was scratching,he escaped. You would of thought they he would of stayed but no he didnt.

By now only 2 survivors remained. The pregnant mare and a filly. The filly skin and bones. She had muscle but very few. Infact they had to hold her up with a machine. They wrapped her stomach to support her. It looks more like a blanket than anything else. A support blanket at that.

After doing research they ran across a few pictures, here is one that is her as a foal. Her last competition. Only a week from when her owners abandoned her and 2 days from that she was found.

She is now not even looking like this

She is now not even looking like this. Her white is brown of dirt and they have only now just began to work back on getting her cleaned. Her feet had to be trimmed so that was the first step. The second step was washing her. The third step is adding weight. After that it would be ideal to find her a fostor home until she is ready to be adopted out.

The pregnat mare is now a day from being due, maybe even hours. She was moved to a birthing area where the stall is huge and could fit three full grown clydesdales. Big. Which is nice because the foal and mare can walk around and maybe even doing some trotting, slow trotting of course. The time was coming for her foal to be born. She was cleaned up and she already had her feet done as soon as they brought her in and she was comfortable. She took everything really nicely, as did the filly. The mare is a chesnut. Beautiful chesnut. Her breed is known, as they were able to track down her owners before she was sold to the abuser. Her breed was a Belgian Warmblood.

The filly was a half arabian, or so they think. She is one big filly for her age and breed. Must of had one big daddy. The filly was named, Lil' Princess, which was the name her old owner, the one who found her, named her. He had said when he got her that "she is the most beautiful filly I have seen. Far from any warmblood or thoroughbred I've worked with. I will call her Lil' Princess"

The mare as I said was a chesnut her name is, "Lady." She was used as a halter horse as a filly and became a dressage horse but retired to breeding when she was 20 years old.

She is currently carrying her first foal, which by dna testing is from a stallion that died during the flood, his name was "Bold and Brave." He was a olympic dressage horse and started jumping just before we was retired due to old age. He was retired to breeding at age 24 and passed at age 28. People say that he moved like a colt. Fast and not matching up to be a old stallion. Lady was going to be his last mare he was bred to, and she was. Unfortanly he didn't make it to be retired out to green pastures that reach as far as the earth will go.

Notes;

This book is aimed at 40 chapters.

This chapter is mainly over learning more about these horses.

Yes, I do edit these chapters unlike my other books.

Will I ever consider self publishing one of my books? -great question! I actually am thinking about self publishing being brave but I am going to go with a new one thst I wont start until probably December. As of right now its a maybe but if I decide on a book I will

Have a wonderful week!!