Chapter Eleven - The Letter ✔

A:N hey! Just so you know, THIS is why Odd Squad got a night shift. (Yes, this happened before Odd Squad got a night shift.) Btw, I was in a HUGE writer's block, so I was looking for seriously ANY idea, and thanks to ThickSubset2037 , I got my idea!!! ThickSubset2037 commented on chapter ten, giving me the most brilliant idea ever!! So now, the ending will be SOOOOO much better. Thanks so much, ThickSubset2037, and EVERYONE!!!! Check out ThickSubset2037's page and follow RIGHT NOW!!! If you do, comment and I'll follow you. BUT YOU HAVE TO ACTUALLY FOLLOW ThickSubset2037's page. I'll know....😎😈😈😈😊😀😀😇😇😇

"What? Why?" Ms. O asked.
"Todd knows. He knows who Odd Odysseus is! When did she leave?"
"Well, she left at eight a.m., two hours ago. We need to find her before it's too-"
"Late? Oh, I think it's too late by now." Said a voice. I thought I would throw up. There Todd stood, in the doorway.
"Odd Todd!" Ms. O shouted. "How dare you come to headquarters after such a terrible crime!"
"Otis! How ya doing buddy?" Todd asked me. He had so much nerve! "I guess you told them by now, huh?"
I said nothing, made no noise. I just sat there.
"If you ever want to see Olympia again, all of you go home. Now! I'll leave Olympia in headquarters if you all leave right now. I promise that I won't come to headquarters when you are all at home. Oh, and to make sure you can trust me, I'm placing THE LAST TOMATO IN THE WORLD in your hands."
We all gave him dirty looks.
"What?" He said. "I'm still seriously involved in gardening. It's just that- well, let's say my priorities are different than they used to be. A lot has happened to me in the past year, and I'm realizing a lot now. But enough small talk! I'm giving you until 10:30 a.m. Half an hour. Now get your things!"
I couldn't believe it. This was horrible! I went to my desk and got all of my valuables. Oscar helped me carry my things (since I couldn't use my left arm,) and we left headquarters before lunch. The rest of the day I stayed in my room, door locked, reflecting on what happened the day before. I realized that I was very lucky. I could have been under Todd's power forever! Sure, he gave me a few injuries, but a few injuries is better than some life of painless misery, if that even makes sense. I'm gonna stop talking about feelings now...
"wait! What's that?" I asked myself. I noticed a silver briefcase on the other side of my bed. I ran over to my bed, and dusted off the shirts around it. I couldn't believe it! There was an Odd Squad emblem on it! I unlatched the briefcase, and I couldn't believe what I saw!
Otis, this was only written two hours ago. Ms O told you that I was
off to meet with Odd Todd, but that was only a cover story. I have so much to tell you, and first, I want to say that I'm sorry. I never meant to scare you with the laser chicken incident, but it was to cover up what Odd Squad was really up to. I could only tell you through letter, because it wasn't safe. No, not even at headquarters! You don't know this, but there are spies at headquarters! So we needed to put on a show for them so that they would be sidetracked with what they thought was going on.
I know that this is a shocking thing to say, but I never lost my memory. It's just that we needed to free ourselves from- hold on. I should start at the beginning. It started two weeks ago. Four days before our mission to fight off the laser chickens, Ms. O called me into her office. You couldn't, because you were taking a sick day. She informed me that the security found cameras in the break room, the main room, and the offices of Ms. O, Dr. O, and Ocean's creature room. After further investigation, we found an inscription in the camera. It said on it: Todd Squad. Then Ms. O said that she wouldn't stop working until we could defeat Todd for good! So we came up with a scheme. Unfortunately, when you got better, there was no good time to tell you. We found the spies, but there was no safe time or place to tell you. I hope you're not getting offended, but we couldn't afford to take any chances, or it would be big trouble for us, and to Odd Squads all over the world. I'm so sorry that I had to fake my unconsciousness, but we had to show Todd that we were weak. Then, he would strike, and we would need to be ready for his arrival. We decided that a good way to show him that we were weak was if I would get seriously injured while on an important mission. Ms. O was meaning to tell you, but Todd's spies were everywhere! And if our story got to Todd, the whole mission would be wasted. Not to mention the fact that our scheme could never work with Todd again... anyways, I wanted to thank you for playing along. Even though you had no idea, it was vital to our mission that you would act like it was actually happening. I'm sorry if this seems like a cruel joke, but I promise you that I will make it up to you when this all blows over. I had to write the story of Odd Odysseus so that you would be able to figure this whole thing out by yourself. I also had to pose as Odd Odysseus so that this whole thing would seem legit. (This took a whole lot of planning, believe me!) It's been so hard not being able to talk with you and tell you EVERYTHING!!! I'm so sorry that Odd Todd captured you and injured you so badly!! I never meant for that to happen. Believe me I tried to be there, but I couldn't. I can't tell you why for safety reasons in case this falls into the wrong hands. Oh no! I see Odd Todd out of my window!!! He sees me! I have to stop writing now and hide this. Bye! Please look for me!! He's banging on the door!!!