Chapter Seven- Rise of the Hydroclops ✔

When I arrived at the beach a few seconds later, I ran as fast as I could to the shore. I looked at the duck in my arms.
"Four and a half minutes." I said to myself. I scanned the beach, and saw Oscar, ushering people off the sands. I wondered why! I turned my gaze to the shore. Uh oh! It was a hydroclops!!! It was sooo ugly! It's octopus-like arms swayed around. They looked so slimy! Oscar was waving me over. I ran over to him, while he was trying to get a couple to leave the beach.

"Oscar, what's going on?" I asked.
"What's going on? What's going on is the world's going to end if we let this hydroclops get out of the water! Where's the secret weapon?" Oscar held out his hand for it.
"What?"
"You know! The really stinky sock! That way the hydroclops will smell it, and he'll go back into the depths with which he came from!"
"Oscar, were Olympia and I supposed to get something for you?"
"Yes! I told Ms. O about this two days ago!! I told her to get you and Olympia to unbury the secret weapon!"
"Oscar, have you been in touch with anyone back at headquarters recently?"
"No......."
"Well, Olympia got struck in the head by a laser chicken on Monday."
"What? Why didn't anyone tell me about this? Is she okay?"
"Yes, but now she thinks that she's an Odd villain. She's taking over Odd Squad! So, why is this hydroclops rising again? I thought it only came around every 100 years!"
"How the time flies... it seems like just yesterday that Olive and Otto were counting paces..."
"Wait, you, Olive and Otto are more than a hundred years old???"
"Otis, we've all passed the 200 mark. Work keeps us young!"
I stared at him for a while.... awkwardly.... then the hydroclops broke the silence. It was starting to rise out of the water. I looked down at the duck in my hands. One minute left!!!!!
"Oscar, I have an idea. It's not a good one, and there's a very good chance that it won't work. But, if we don't go through this idea, we probably won't survive in the next minute..."
Oscar looked shocked, like he was thinking hard.
"Well, if we probably won't survive.... WHAT'S YOUR IDEA?!?!?!"
"See this duck?"
"Yeah, I've been wondering why you're holding that.. don't you still have a fear of ducks?"
"Yes, I do. But this duck is a bomb. And, it's going to explode in- fourty five seconds!! My plan is to throw this at the hydroclops. Since we don't have the sock, if we throw the bomb at it, it won't explode at us, and it will explode at the hydroclops!"
"I don't know... it's really dangerous!! What if it-"
"Oscar, there's 15 seconds left! I'm sorry, but this is something I have to do!!!" I ran up to the waters edge. Ten! Nine! Eight!!!!

The hydroclops was starting to stand up and walk closer to me.
Five, four!!!
"Aaaaaahhh!!" I shouted as I threw the duck at the hydroclops.
Two!! One!! Zero!! BOOM!!!!!!