Piercing Andre's Heart {11}

***Andre’s POV***

                I walked into school the next day and went over to Shailer. “Hey Shailer,” I greeted. He nodded at me uncomfortably. I gave him a questioning look. “What’s wrong Shailer?” He shrugged. “Uh…nothing,” he lied.

                “I know you’re lying,” I said, raising an eyebrow at him. What did he have to lie to me about? “Hey, is Pierce feeling okay? I know he said he wasn’t yesterday,” he said randomly. “Well, yea, he didn’t feel good yesterday. But we’re hanging out afterschool so I take it he feels better. Why?” I asked curiously.

                He shrugged again. “Just wondering. Hey, do you Vinny Lars?” I shook my head. “Never heard of him. Why?” “Just wondering. Again. Anyways, I’ve got to go meet up with a friend of mine. See you around Aleixandre,” he said and quickly walked away from me. Huh. Well that was weird.

                Shrugging it off, I went to my first period class and sat down next to Jay. “Hey man, have you talked to Shailer today? He was acting really, really weird,” I said and Jay shook his head. “I haven’t even seen him today. What was he doing that was so weird?”

                I bit my lip. “I don’t know…he was just acting weird. Like, I can’t explain it.” I sighed. “Never mind. He was just being Shailer. So, are we still going to the movie’s tonight?” He shook his head again and I felt my mouth twitch into a frown. “Why not?” I asked.

                “I’ve got somewhere else to be. Sorry Aleixandre. Maybe a different day,” he said and then got to work on some homework he had apparently neglected to do the night before. Damn. That wasn’t like Jay. He never cancelled on me like that. He only cancelled if he really, really needed to, and then he would at least tell me why. Maybe it was stupid, but I actually felt a little hurt.

                At the end of the school day, I went to my locker to get my books and froze. On my locker, someone had taped papers that read things like “Cock Sucker”, “Fag”, “Kill Yourself”, and others. I stared at it in shock. Leo and Robbie. It had to be them.

                “Hey faget! Take a hint!” Robbie called from a little ways down the hall. A few kids laughed while others hurried away uncomfortably, and some just ignored it completely.

                Angry and hurt, I began to tear the papers off my locker. “Whoa, whoa, whoa faget, why are you doing that?” Leo asked, coming over to me with a grin.

                “Go away!” I snapped and went back to tearing the signs off my locker. He slammed me up against the locker and grinned. “Someone’s got a temper. You’ve grown some balls lately, faget. That boyfriend of yours is changing you. Too bad it’s going to get your sorry ass kicked.”

                He nodded at Robbie and he came over. He grabbed my arms and held them tightly while Leo grabbed my legs. They carried me over to the garbage can as I struggled desperately. “Get off me you fuckers!” I cried.

                Instead, they just shoved me into the garbage can while kids laughed. God dammit. Didn’t anyone know when enough was enough? I felt fury exploded inside me, and a desperation to make those fuckers hurt like I did appeared. I wanted them to get to get the shit beat out of them. Humiliate them in front of the other kids. Call them nasty things.

                I struggled until the garbage can fell over and spilled me out onto the floor. Kids laughed more and I shakily got up. Hurt and embarrassed beyond belief, I rushed out of the school, screwing my locker. I didn’t want to stay in that building anymore than I had to.

                I didn’t want to go home. My parents would ask me how my day was, and I would have to lie, which would make me feel sick inside. I hated lying to my parents. I did it once in a while, usually to sneak out and go to a party or something, but I hated it with a furious passion. Just like I hated Robbie and Leo with a furious passion.

                But I didn’t want to go to the park. I didn’t want Pierce to see me. I was too embarrassed to be around anyone right now. I just wanted to crawl into a hole and die. Their laughter rang in my ears and I began to hyperventilate a little.

                “Calm down Andre,” I whispered to myself. “You’re okay. Just calm down. Suck it up. You’re fine.” I had to try to calm myself down, before I broke down.

                I began to make my way towards the park. I wouldn’t actually go there, though. I’d branch off to another street and just walk around town until I felt a little better. Go enough to go home, at least.

                “Andre?”

                Oh shit. Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit. What was Pierce doing at the school? I was only a few feet away from the damned place, and there stood Pierce.

                “Hey, what’s wrong?” he asked curiously. Oh god. As if what had just happened wasn’t embarrassing enough, now I felt my eyes starting to water. Pierce’s eyes widened a little. “Andre, what’s wrong? What happened?” he asked in worry.

                I abruptly turned and began to walk away quickly. “Andre! Wait!” Pierce cried and took off after me. I took off running. I didn’t want him to see me cry. I hated crying, and I despised when people saw me cry. It made me feel so fucking weak and pathetic.

                I ran as fast as I could, and made it to an old, shut-down daycare building before Pierce finally caught up to me and grabbed me. Tired and out of breath, I tried to struggle away from him as he tried to spin around to face him.

                “Andre, please talk to me! What happened?” he begged. “Let me go!” I cried, driving my fist into his chest. “Let me go! I want to be alone!”

                But he held onto me tightly, and soon, instead of punching him in the chest again, I found myself clutching his shirt. I stopped struggling and just stood there, my eyes squeezed shut as I shook violently. Pierce pulled me close to his body and I rested my head on his shoulder as I shook.

                “Hey, what happened?” he asked gently. “I’m sorry,” I whimpered. “I’m sorry I hit you. And yelled at you.” I opened my eyes and he shook his head. “Don’t worry about it. Now what’s wrong?”

                My eyes watered again and I shook my head, not wanting him to know. “Did I do something wrong?” he asked nervously and I shook my head wildly. “No, Pierce. No. I…I just…” I leaned up and kissed him deeply, just needing him.

                “Okay, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to. But I’m always here for you Andre,” he whispered when I pulled away. He ran a hand through his hair and sighed. “Look, I’m going to a party tonight. Do you want to come?” I shook my head. “No. I just want to be alone tonight,” I said quietly. He frowned but nodded. “Okay. But if you need me tonight, you call me, and I’ll be right over. Got it?” I nodded slowly.

                He wrapped his arms around me tightly. He gently pressed his lips to mine and smiled softly. “I love you, Andre Ryan.” My mouth twitched a little, but I couldn’t find it in me to smile right now. “I love you too Pierce,” I said and rested my head back on his shoulder, so happy he was here for me. I was so in love with Pierce Harts.